View Full Version : A quote about Microsoft...

sublime
09-23-2004, 02:23 AM
"the day microsoft makes something that doesnt suck, is when they start marketing vacuum cleaners"

Brilliant!

OSUKid7
09-23-2004, 03:41 AM
Go back to /. :lol: Seriously, if you don't like Microsoft, don't use their products. It's as simple as that.

jimski
09-23-2004, 04:55 AM
While I have been know to pan Microsoft from time to time, I often think of what the world would be like without them. Sure, five or six other companies would have filled the void and there would be no talk of monopoly, but programmers would be spending all their time building bridges to get computer "A" to talk to computer "B" and so on, and so on and so on.......and we might all be using 8O Palms!

BTW - One Note, one of Microsoft's most recent incarnations, is a superb program. Good execution. And, yes I have told them that directly.

Kowalski
09-23-2004, 09:16 AM
i dont get this, why people are always complaining about microsoft. i know, microsoft being a monopoly wont give us a choice to use another OS but it has also a huge advantage, everywhere you go, you will be familiar with the computer and the user interface.

and i'll name some excellent software which doesnt suck, in fact A class software:

visual studio .NET
msdn
office applications: visio, one note, outlook

one note to linux lovers: do you have the tools i mentioned? what is your best IDE and can it be as half of visual studio? can you find a great documentation collection like MSDN?
answer is : NO

maximus
09-23-2004, 12:18 PM
A lot of folks want to be Bill Gates. The problem is, the position is already taken, hence the hatred.

Let me add to the list of class A softwares that microsoft made :

- Freelancer
- Age of Empire
- DirectX
- Photoeditor

Sven Johannsen
09-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Chill dudes, I Like MS as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is Scott McNealy or Larry Ellison), but I think the statement is clever. Always nice to have the shell of a good dis in the repertoire. ;)

JustinGTP
09-23-2004, 11:37 PM
The only reason Microsoft's programs may seemed flawed is just because of the volume of their products that have been incorporated into the workplace or home environment.

This that there are more people using it to complain about it, see what I mean? This may not hold entirely true, but I wouldn't discard this idea yet.

-Justin.

sublime
09-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Chill dudes, I Like MS as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is Scott McNealy or Larry Ellison), but I think the statement is clever. Always nice to have the shell of a good dis in the repertoire. ;)

Thanks. I thought the quote was hilarious, but ruined by people here defending Microsoft tooth and nail. Come on, guys. It's a joke. You know, something that makes you smile and say "ha ha ha"

*does Search for "sense of humor"*

OSUKid7
09-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, maybe consider puting some more humor into your first post in the future. ;) I laughed, but still figured you meant what you said - "Brilliant!"

Jacob
09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
"the day microsoft makes something that doesnt suck, is when they start marketing vacuum cleaners"

Brilliant!

They do market vacuum cleaners and have for a while.. at least new fangled ones.

Guess it's already happened a long time ago.

rocky_raher
09-24-2004, 04:59 PM
If you like DEC (/Compaq/HP) minicomputers, you might like to know that there is a brand of vacuum cleaner in Britain named "VAX." They had the name before Digital.

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 10:35 PM
You know, something that makes you smile and say "ha ha ha"
Actually, I think this punchline had something (someone?) else in it initially. I didn't find it funny then either. :P

If you like DEC (/Compaq/HP) minicomputers, you might like to know that there is a brand of vacuum cleaner in Britain named "VAX." They had the name before Digital.
Now that is really funny. :lol:

--janak