View Full Version : No Alarms, Whatsoever .......

Gareth Lock
09-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I have an iPaq 2210 with PI loaded and up until yesterday morning I had no problems with alarms sounding. Now I do not get any alarms sounding; I have left the PPC on, scheduled alarms in both PI and Calendar, made sure the alarms notification is selected in Settings, Install Tweaks2K....

Yesterday I installed Thunderhawk2, CabInst and made a couple of display changes in PI. Now the alarms have not worked since this morning. I have uninstalled TH2 and deleted CabInst and no change.

Has anyone any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

Kowalski
09-23-2004, 08:57 AM
this seems to be the well known alarm issue, why dont you download and install checknotifications. this is a free tool and probably solve your problem.
you can search the forum for "windows mobile 2003 alarm problem" to see the detailed information about the symptom

Gareth Lock
09-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Many thanks for the prompt reply, I now have my alarms back! I had 12 notifications sitting there doing nothing!

Regards

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

Kowalski
09-24-2004, 08:36 AM
i am glad you saved your "alarms" :)
btw there is another program called clearnotifications, which is "automatic" version of checknotifications. you have to manualy clear notification database with checknot. but clearnot. does it evertime you restart your device.

Gareth Lock
09-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Thanks I have the Clear Notifications loaded too. However, following the running of CN, both versions, Active Sync no longer runs. Could this be something to do with CN or more likely something esle. The reason I ask is that deleted a couple of .exe files within the CN list of notifications and don't know if they could have been something to do with CN.

I have uninstalled AS, reinstalled and although my XP Pro 'beeps' when the PPC is placed in the cradle it does not start an AS connection. I have the same thing with BT. If I make an AS connection using the BT manager on the PPC, my laptop beeps, the BT icon goes green but no connection takes place between the PPC and the laptop. I can use FTP across BT so I don't think that is an issue but I just can't sync....

Thanks

Gareth