View Full Version : Problems with Bluetooth Headset and 6315

ddesilva
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Ok...I splurged and bought one. Great...but it don't work. javascript:emoticon(':(')

I am testing a Bluetrek G2 headset with an Ipaq 6315. When the Ipaq is left turned off more more than a few mins the G2 will not connects and beeps rapidly in the ear. The only solution is to reset the ipaq. Anyone have any thoughts on this or good luck with other headsets...or does the same issue happen with all other headsets? Is it the Ipaq or the Headset in other words?

Thanks,
Darren

pdagal
09-23-2004, 09:46 PM
I've been using the G2 with my 6315 and it hasn't had the problem you describe. After testing several headsets with the iPAQ, I actually found that it was one of the most compatible. :?:

So far I've noticed that if you turn on the headset when its pairing partner (iPAQ) isn't in range or BT is turned off on the iPAQ, it does beep for about 10 seconds to indicate that it can't find its buddy. Once they've been connected, even if I turn off the IPAQ's BT, the headset doesn't beep as long as the headset was in low power mode (blue light blinking slowly). It goes into low power mode after approx. 1 minute of inactivity.

If BT is still off on the iPAQ and I press the headset button to wake the G2 to full power, it will beep for about 10 seconds to tell me its not connected to a phone.

If the iPAQ is in standby or turned off with BT enabled, the headset doesn't seem to care and doesn't beep. Even if I press the headset button to wake it to full power, it doesn't been though the iPAQ is in standby mode. When I turn on the iPAQ, the connection to the headset is still there.

Dolphin
09-25-2004, 04:18 AM
I had a 6315 (for a while), that seemed to work ok with a Jabra Freespeak 250.