View Full Version : VirtualDisp: share your pc keyboard with your pocket pc

redbug
09-22-2004, 07:25 PM
VirtualDisp allow you to share your mouse and your keyboard with your pocket pc.
Just move your mouse pointer off the screen of your pc and go directly on your pocket pc.
Try it if you don't understand :)

http://www.kyuran.be/world/html/article-52-0.html

PPCRules
09-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Needs some work, but, yes, pretty neat concept. It appears nothing is installed on the PocketPC, which is nice.

gregmills
09-22-2004, 08:38 PM
That's a REALLY NEAT idea. I sure wish it worked ;)

I have a duel monitor setup anyway. Moving the mouse to the right (east) will put it on my second monitor. Continuing to the right just hit the edge of the second monitor. I changed program settings to "west" and things really got screwy. If I moved off to the left of my main monitor nothing happened. But when I moved right I landed on my second monitor and could not return to my primary one. CTRL+ALT+DEL set everything right though.

At no time did I get a mouse pointer on my PPC. If you need me as a beta tester for duel monitor setups just send me a PM.

<EDIT>
OK it was my firewall. It didn't want to give your program the access it needed to get to the PPC. I got the program to work although still not perfectly. Setting it to East does nothing. Setting it to West drops the cursor onto the PPC but I can't bring it back. But setting to North works from my primary monitor to my PPC but I go East off of my PPC to my secondary monitor and then things go crazy.

I would like to be able to adjust the mouse speed on the PPC screen. It's I have a to drag the mouse around a lot further than I do on my PC.
</EDIT>