View Full Version : Toshiba Support Story

korngold
09-21-2004, 07:27 PM
I figured I'd better share my support story with you all, since most Toshiba support stories seem to be about getting poor service.

I called support yesterday, oblivious to the fact that my 3000mAh battery had been recalled until I stumbled across it this past weekend on the web. So, I went out on a limb and called them, not expecting much--since the recall apparently happened in 8/03, according to the article I found.

Well, the support rep was very nice, and told me he would send out a later version battery. ONE DAY LATER (today) the doorbell rings, and it's my new extended battery. Sweet!

Does anyone else have any GOOD Toshiba support stories? I'll have to say that I'm actually more impressed with the support than I am with the e740!

Darius Wey
09-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Does anyone else have any GOOD Toshiba support stories?

Well...no, but I do have a good HP support story to share. About two days ago, my h1940 was charging and being the stupid idiot I am, I tripped over the cable, only to see my device go flying into the air (well slight exaggeration) and land on my soft carpet. The device was fine, although the device had forcefully come off the charge adapter. I looked at the charge adapter and found that the side plastic part of the connector had broken off.

I cried! :cry: Well...not really, but I was pretty annoyed, put it that way. Anyway, so I decided to call HP as my device was still under warranty. A 10 minute phone conversation and within two days time, a replacement charge adapter arrived at my door, free of charge as honoured by my valid warranty. Boy was I one happy fellow! :D

tanalasta
09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Everytime I have returned my Toshi PPC under warranty (corrupted ROM, battery defects) to a service centre, I have received it back within 2/52 in top working order.

No questions, just a quick assessment and prompt, cost free replacement.

Now... can't say the same thing about Dell customer service though. Their phone support insists on spending hours on the phone troubleshooting before they send a technician out. That just can't be cost-effective!