View Full Version : A730 Review @ Pocket Matrix

sp0om
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
http://www.pocketmatrix.com/reviews/a730/

This is a review for the BT version of the a730. There is are pictures taken by the device as well as a small video recording. It's looking very nice, but what I'm waiting for is the wifi version. Argh! I wish it came sooner.

Darius Wey
09-21-2004, 06:04 PM
I actually picked up this catalogue in my local computer store today and it had an extensive article on the A730, packed with pictures and a good description of its features. Unfortunately for most of you, it was written in Chinese. However, it was a good read nonetheless.

Now you must be wondering what a Chinese magazine is doing in an Australian computer store! Well, the owner of the store gets all these magazines in from other countries for the customers to read. Although, being in Australia, hardly any of these display magazines have been touched due to the fact that they aren't in English. I swear I was the first to open it today. No crease marks whatsoever. :)

Jason Dunn
09-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Already queued up for a front page post... ;-)

sp0om
09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Aye, just saw it. :D

Johnathan
10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
I am Chinese!but I don't think that the Chinese magazine takes more details about the A730,however,I would like to visit the foreign website,just take this 'pocketpcthoughts' for example,to get more details. :mrgreen:
I agree with 'sp0om' about the wifi one,and I am looking forward to the 128M RAM one which contain wifi coming soon! :wink:

sp0om
10-17-2004, 12:08 AM
The a730w was going to be my next PPC, but now that the X50v is out, I think I'm going to have to hop off of the Asus Bandwagon. The reason for this is because I really don't need that camera, and the Dell x50v is a little bit lighter than the w version of the a730. Both are fantastic in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind spending 100 less by going with the Dell.

Ripper014
10-17-2004, 12:50 AM
The a730w was going to be my next PPC, but now that the X50v is out, I think I'm going to have to hop off of the Asus Bandwagon. The reason for this is because I really don't need that camera, and the Dell x50v is a little bit lighter than the w version of the a730. Both are fantastic in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind spending 100 less by going with the Dell.

Actually I was holding back as well... the ASUS, DELL and Toshiba e830 were all on my list... I had to drop the Dell when I found out it only has 64mb of ram... I have that on my Hp2200 now... and find that it is tight for how I configure my device. So now I just have to choose between two... the problem is that Toshiba e830 and Asus owners do not talk much about their devices... unlike the Hx4700 owners...