View Full Version : MS Voice Command vs. Fonix Voice Central

Dolphin
09-20-2004, 03:00 AM
I was wondering what different PPC user's experiences and opinions were relating to MS Voice Command vs. Fonix Voice Central.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each of the applications?

gregmills
09-20-2004, 03:44 AM
I love voice command. I can run Windows Media Player now while I'm driving.

I wish I could "train" it so that I could create new commands. I also wish it would read screen text. But what it does, it does well. I don't have any experience with Fonix.

Darius Wey
09-20-2004, 05:21 AM
Personally, I prefer Microsoft Voice Command. You can sample both products to see which one you like.

For a list of features of Voice Command, see here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/voicecommand/features.mspx).

And for a list of features of Fonix VoiceCentral, see here (http://www.fonix.com/page.cfm?name=vc_features).

Dolphin
09-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Well... I'm currently trying both versions.

I thought that voice command would do more. I'm kind of disappointed. It only works for some of my contacts... but what it does do is pretty amazing.

I'll post more after I have played with them more.

q-live
09-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Microsoft Voice Command is garbage..... it works like 68 percent of the time..... i am going to try the other software soon and hopes that works better!!!!!!!! please dont waste your time on m.v.c!!!!!!!!!

Darius Wey
09-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Microsoft Voice Command is garbage..... it works like 68 percent of the time..... i am going to try the other software soon and hopes that works better!!!!!!!! please dont waste your time on m.v.c!!!!!!!!!

What problems are you having with it? It is usually very accurate for those without a heavy accent. I've tried it and have had no problems whatsoever.

ebadger
09-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Q-live -- which PPC device do you have?

Darius Wey
09-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Q-live -- which PPC device do you have?

That's another point that should be made...each Pocket PC requires a different audio recording configuration in their Settings page. This is specified in the Voice Command help files.

Abras
10-04-2004, 09:50 PM
What´s the difference between MS Voice command 1.0 to 1.1?

Thanks

ebadger
10-05-2004, 07:12 AM
There were a few bug fixes in v1.01 including a timing bug with confirmation prompts.