View Full Version : Palm ebooks

j95pgt
09-19-2004, 10:55 PM
What can read palm ebooks? can mobi read them? Also what format do the books at ereader.com come in? I was going to buy some ebooks from ereader.com but I wasnt sure what format they come in so then I went to fictionwise but the books I want come in adobe, microsoft, or palm format. I use mobi so is there a conflict?

Ommadawn
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
What can read palm ebooks? can mobi read them? Also what format do the books at ereader.com come in? I was going to buy some ebooks from ereader.com but I wasnt sure what format they come in so then I went to fictionwise but the books I want come in adobe, microsoft, or palm format. I use mobi so is there a conflict?

The ebooks available on ereader.com are in ereader format (formerly palmreader), so you need to have ereader installed to read them (it's a free download for the basic reader, so this shouldn't be a problem).

Mobipocket, while a fine product, won't read ereader ebooks. It will read the mobipocket format and plain palm "doc" pdb files, though. Fictionwise offers most of it's secure ebooks in microsoft reader, mobipocket and ereader format, so just use the mobipocket format if that's your preferred reader.

Jorgen
09-20-2004, 06:22 AM
"Palm e-books" can be a lot of things - read my article here http://cebooks.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_cebooks_archive.html#109473962447756472

Jorgen

j95pgt
09-20-2004, 09:35 AM
thanks for the help. now I tried to get the free download of the ebook reader just to see how it is but I cant find the download button. I read the page and it says that you get to try the plus version for 15days with some free books and then it goes back to the normal version. That is how they are handeling the download. It is supposedly free but the only way I can find to download it is to buy it. There is no free download button. I will deffinately try out what you sugested jorgen.

ChristopherTD
09-20-2004, 10:15 AM
http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/15004

wil take you to a page where you can download the free eReader from Palm.

j95pgt
09-21-2004, 12:37 PM
thanks. I dont know why I couldnt find that page. I looked in the help section and everything but not there I guess. Ill check it out.

Jorgen
09-21-2004, 02:06 PM
I dont know why I couldnt find that page.

I cannot find it either. They seem to expect you try out the offer - which also looks very good.

Kudos to ChristopherTD for the link! The site should hire you as a visitor guide. :)

Jorgen

ChristopherTD
09-21-2004, 02:22 PM
They don't make it easy to find. I had to try and find it some time ago for someone else, and remembered what I did. Before they rebranded themselves as ereader their site was maddeningly opaque, now it is just opaque.

I see today they have the 3rd volume in Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. I must restrain myself till it appears on Fictionwise...

Jorgen
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I must restrain myself till it appears on Fictionwise...

Fictionwise ought to give it to you for free for giving such as nice personal recommendation! And one to me as well for helping them minding their business. :)

(You should be compensated as eReader will probably now ban you from their web-site).

Jorgen

dh
09-23-2004, 04:23 AM
I see today they have the 3rd volume in Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. I must restrain myself till it appears on Fictionwise...
Hmmm.......
I'm getting to the end of the second volume. I also hope to see the third on Fictionwise soon.