View Full Version : Thanks Picard!

Darius Wey
09-19-2004, 04:58 AM
I visited BetaPlayer's download page (http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/download.html) a few minutes ago and saw that Picard has now updated it to include the stable and unstable versions. Glad to see you got the server up and running again! :)

So I decided to try the "stable" unstable version :mrgreen: - which currently stands at 0.091, and had a look at the file list is supported. :shocked!:

Here's the list: M1V, M4V, OGG, OGM, MKV, MKA, MPEG, MPG, MPV, DAT, MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA, AVI, DIVX, WAV, RMP, PLS, M3U

And with the plugins that are soon to be implemented, that list is just going to get longer!

Great work Picard! :hippy:

x999x
09-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Agreed :)

Looks like it's time to try out ver .091, that mpeg support sounds interesting, speaking of which:

http://picard.ytmnd.com/

:mrgreen:

gregmills
09-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I still can't get to their site. Could someone set up an alternate download site?

Darius Wey
09-19-2004, 01:47 PM
I still can't get to their site. Could someone set up an alternate download site?

Are you sure it's not working? Try the link I posted in the first post of this thread. If that doesn't work (which it should because I just tried it), try the home page: http://betaplayer.corecodec.org

gregmills
09-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Neither works. If the site is back up in the last 24 hours and there has been some DNS change in the process then it's probably my cable internet service. Roadrunner's DNS caching kills me. It's takes them forever to update.

I'll probably be able to get to it later today.

Darius Wey
09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Neither works. If the site is back up in the last 24 hours and there has been some DNS change in the process then it's probably my cable internet service. Roadrunner's DNS caching kills me. It's takes them forever to update.

I'll probably be able to get to it later today.

Try doing this.

Start-Run
Type in: cmd.exe

Then type in: ipconfig /flushdns

And then try reloading the website.

Dermot81
09-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Here I uploaded .091 unstable version to my website, you can download it here:

http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/stu/psatish/misc/betaplayer.cabs.UNSTABLE.0.091.zip

I'm not going to keep it there long though, just a few days, I keep reading about people having trouble accessing the main betaplayer site, hopefully in a few days those problems will be fixed.

Enjoy.

picard
09-19-2004, 09:33 PM

i uploaded the player files to another location too: http://www.exceed.hu/~picard/betaplayer

plugins.topcat.hu should be a little faster now (it did got a new ip, but that was more than two weeks ago)

x999x
09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I got the files lastnight without a problem, I too am hosted with RR.

In any case, has anyone tried the asf plugin for wmv playback? You need to be running the .091 unstable for the plugin to work.

I have to say, I'm very pleased with the overall performance I'm seeing here. I got a few stutters at high bandwidth points, but I'm not sure if that was an issue with my wifi or not. In any case, the playback in general was much smoother than I've ever experienced using MS's own pocket WMP. I suspect Betaplayer will soon be your one stop application for Multimedia on the PPC.

Thanks again Picard!

buckyg
09-20-2004, 01:10 AM
I love where Betaplayer is headed, can't wait for future updates!

I've tried the ASF and MJPEG plugins. They work for me but with some stops and starts. Not sure if it's my iPAQ, the plugins still being worked on or perhaps it's a setting. I'm still playing with it. But hey, they're not the official release version and I know there's better to come!

Thanks for all of your hard work, Picard!

Darren Behan
09-21-2004, 02:24 AM
I have what is certainly a previous version but can't get to the site for nothing in the last two days. Does anyone have any word as to what is going on? I need to write a round-up of PPC movie players for which I need access to the actual site for the latest info before I submit it.

db

Darius Wey
09-21-2004, 02:51 AM
I can access the website fine at the moment. Try it again. If not, try the alternate links posted on the first page of this thread.

Darren Behan
09-21-2004, 03:53 AM
That's very odd. I can access any other site I want (so far as I can tell) but can't access anything having to do with BetaPlayer. I even tried that clear DNS thing to no avail. Hmmmm.....

db

uzetaab
09-21-2004, 05:05 AM
If you use internet explorer, try CTRL F5 to refresh the page, that sometimes works for me, as it forces a total reset.
Try Deleting any cookies associated with the site.
Try a different web browser, your installation might be corrupt.
If you use a firewall &/or popup blocker, try disabling them. Only be careful, don't disable your antivirus & make sure it is up to date. the last time I diabled my firewall, I got hit with 4 viruses in a matter of seconds. (the site I wanted access to was a hacker site, though.)