View Full Version : iPaq h4350 and the Sony-Ericsson T637, Cingular ... help!

Verdagon
09-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Hello, good PocketPC Thinkers!

I got my T637 two weeks ago... I've been on a wild goose chase that entire time, trying to get it set up with my 4350. At first they told me I could connect through the MEdia Works packages, so I went home and tried. Failure. I searched everywhere... they all had crazy lists of steps that also led to failure. So I went back to Cingular, and they told me that MEdia Works was incompatible with Data Push, in other words I couldn't use it with my PDA.

They told me to get a Data Connect plan, so I cancelled my MEdia Works, got the 5mb/20$ Data Connect plan, and I asked them to set up my iPaq and my T637 together. He got the T637 working fine, it connected to the internet and Data Connect was working fine... but he didn't know a thing about the iPaq.

He called Cingular HQ. They didn't know anything about it either. They told us that I need to get a phone driver from the manufacturer's website. So I headed over to hp.com ... used their search and the google in-site search for the word t637 and guess what? Nothing came up! Turns out HP doesn't know anything about the t637.

Went to their online-chat service, asked them for the driver. They said that since my warranty expired, they couldn't help me.

So now, I'm asking my last hope, the great people of PocketPCThoughts. Can you help me get a Sony-Ericsson T637 driver for my iPaq 4350?

Thank you all so much in advance. It's one step closer to my wireless dream...

nitestrike
09-19-2004, 05:09 AM
How are you connecting the phone and iPAQ?

Verdagon
09-19-2004, 06:04 AM
Ah yes, forgot to mention that.

I use bluetooth to connect them...

nitestrike
09-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Should have asked this in the previous question, is the Data Connect plan GPRS?

Verdagon
09-19-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it is...

nitestrike
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Do you have the phone and iPAQ bonded via Bluetooth?

Do you have the number to dial for GPRS?

AT&T uses *90#, you also will need to verify that you do not need a Username and Password.