View Full Version : Presidential Election 2004 Animated Themes

citrumsoft
09-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Presidential Election 2004 Animated Themes
http://www.citrumsoft.com

Five animated themes bring you the latest poll results from the Internet directly to your Pocket PC desktop. The most up-to-date information from leading polling organizations including Zogby, Rasmussen Reports, ABC/WP, Gallup and others.

Features:
- high quality design and simplicity of use
- five thematic background images
- animated bar chart
- live poll results from 9 leading polling organizations (Rasmussen Reports, Zogby, Time, ICR, CBS News, ABC News/Wash Post, Pew Research, Newsweek and Gallup) and average rating based on daily polls
- automatic updates when connected to the Internet
- manual update
- live results of official Election 2004 in November

http://www.handango.com/include/pictures/751759/election1.jpg

ADBrown
09-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Okay, this is pretty damn cool. Though as something of a pollwatcher myself, I feel compelled to note that the Gallup and Time/Newsweek polls these days are REALLY, REALLY bad in terms of accuracy. I highly recommend Zogby and Rasmussen's polls instead, both for battleground states and nationally. They're much more accurate.

Kati Compton
09-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Okay, this is pretty damn cool. Though as something of a pollwatcher myself, I feel compelled to note that the Gallup and Time/Newsweek polls these days are REALLY, REALLY bad in terms of accuracy. I highly recommend Zogby and Rasmussen's polls instead, both for battleground states and nationally. They're much more accurate.
Well, to be fair, we won't know the "accuracy" of poll results until after the election. ;)

Oh, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but remember to keep the talk about the program, and not the merits of the candidates - that discussion could get nasty pretty quickly.

mrkablooey
09-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Well, to be fair, we won't know the "accuracy" of poll results until after the election. ;)

Even then we can't guarantee the accuracy!* :twisted:

This looks pretty cool. Thanks for pricing it at a decent level, too. $2.99 is a good spot for something like this. Just might go ahead and get it. :) I'd be interested to watch the progress during the election!

*this is "pushing it" on your warning, but I took out the part about "Just ask Al Gore!" :wink:

ADBrown
09-18-2004, 06:48 PM

Even then we can't guarantee the accuracy!* :twisted:

Well, let me put it this way :D : on October 29th 2000, Gallup placed Bush ahead by 13 points in the state of Florida. We all know how THAT turned out... 8O

Really, though, in this kind of situation you define 'accurate' by whether the polls match up to other polls. Gallup and Time almost never do, while Zogby and Rasmussen tally with polls by Pew, Harris, Investor's Business Daily, Democracy Corps, and others.

Also, as a side note, Rasmussen supplied the core data for some of the Time poll right after the RNC, and afterward he came out and said that the interpretation they had placed on the data was all wrong.

citrumsoft
09-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Well, to be as accurate as possible we have added several agencies to our themes. Now they bring you the latest poll results from 9 agencies (Rasmussen Reports, Zogby, Time, ICR, CBS News, ABC News/Wash Post, Pew Research, Newsweek and Gallup) as well as average rating based on daily polls.

Please visit www.citrumsoft.com for more details.