View Full Version : Why I'm Sad I Want A VGA PPC

Kati Compton
09-17-2004, 06:09 PM
So, I was excited about getting a VGA PPC. Somewhere, deep inside, I still am. But I just realized the REAL reason I NEED a VGA PPC.

My task list and appointment lists are now WAY TOO LONG to comfortably fit on my Today screen.

Sigh. A sad revelation for a Friday morning.

Wiggster
09-17-2004, 06:17 PM
So, I was excited about getting a VGA PPC. Somewhere, deep inside, I still am. But I just realized the REAL reason I NEED a VGA PPC.

My task list and appointment lists are now WAY TOO LONG to comfortably fit on my Today screen.

Sigh. A sad revelation for a Friday morning.

Hopefully one of those tasks is "Buy a VGA Pocket PC", so when you get one, it'll be that much shorter.

rzanology
09-17-2004, 06:21 PM
time to hire an assistant. Make them do the work, that way you'll only have 3 tasks....wake up....eat....sleep! I guarantee those will fit on the today screen. :lol:

Brad Adrian
09-17-2004, 06:49 PM
I like task lists that aren't able to show every item. That way, as I work my way down the list, I get the occasional "surprise" (read as, "Oh .
crap! I should have paid that bill last month!")

Variety is the spice of life, right?

Kati Compton
09-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Sigh. Well, at least I was able to cross off a big something today work-wise. Unfortunately, one of the items on my to-do list is to add all the things to my to-do list that aren't on it yet but should be. Sigh. It's very depressing.

Maybe I'll play a little Plant Tycoon to make myself feel better... ;)

Dolphin
09-18-2004, 04:50 AM
I can sort of relate. I used to be satisfied with my iPaq 1945 but now I want a more powerful PPC because I have over 200 voice memos which have slowed even my new 4155 down to an almost unusable pace. Sometimes I have to wait almost 20 seconds before the processor is done compiling the list of notes/memos.

I use the voice memo feature like a task list so when I'm driving, I can listen to what I need to do and then make phone calls. The only fix I see is to get rid of some memos to speed the process back up. But I can't do that until the tasks/voice memo have been completed!

pdaided
09-18-2004, 05:18 PM
"I use the voice memo feature like a task list so when I'm driving, I can listen to what I need to do and then make phone calls. The only fix I see is to get rid of some memos to speed the process back up. But I can't do that until the tasks/voice memo have been completed"

At the end of the day, make yourself transcribe your voice memos into text. This is much better for later reference anyway. I do the same thing.
Only, I can't help you with the end of the day motivation part. I fail at that regularly.

Dolphin
09-18-2004, 06:42 PM
"I use the voice memo feature like a task list so when I'm driving, I can listen to what I need to do and then make phone calls. The only fix I see is to get rid of some memos to speed the process back up. But I can't do that until the tasks/voice memo have been completed"

At the end of the day, make yourself transcribe your voice memos into text. This is much better for later reference anyway. I do the same thing.
Only, I can't help you with the end of the day motivation part. I fail at that regularly.

pdaided,

Thanks for the reply. I do transcribe them to my ever increasing "to do" list. Its just that when I'm driving, it's much safer to listen to them instead of reading them.

Maybe someone knows of a better voice memo application. The problem seems to be in the sorting of the actual memo list, not the actual audio format. If you do an experiment, you will see that as the number of memos increases, it really starts to bog down the processor. But this is probably a subject for another thread.

Janak Parekh
09-18-2004, 09:58 PM
NOW??? Oh, I am so envious. I have 133 active tasks right now. Of them, 40 of them have deadlines.

I think it's time for a frontpage poll on tasklists. ;)

Unfortunately, one of the items on my to-do list is to add all the things to my to-do list that aren't on it yet but should be. Sigh. It's very depressing.
I've gotten much better at this. I used to put it off, but now I'm compulsive about writing my tasks down -- it's helped a lot with organizing things, and helps me to keep my inbox clean.

--janak