View Full Version : Retail Stores with Pocket PCs

yanathin
09-17-2004, 05:40 AM
How many retail stores are out there that actually sell Pocket PCs? I'm looking for a job, and it would be nice if it had something to do with what I really like. I used to work at Circuit City, but that place is gone now... So how many other retail stores out there do you know of that sell the latest Pocket PCs?

If you can't think of that many, then where else might you suggest for a part time job? I tried various T-Mobile stores, but none of them are hiring.. I'm a college student so I can't really have a full time job just yet.

mscdex
09-17-2004, 05:53 AM
Well, I know for a fact Staples has them as well as CompUSA.

Wiggster
09-17-2004, 05:58 AM
My fiance works at Staples, and they have a very limited selection of Pocket PCs (In other words, just the iPAQ 2210). They have a nice selection of Palm-based PDAs, however. And the limited selection is no doubt because they're one of the smallest stores in the area. However, all the CompUSAs in the area have a great selection of PDAs... I've bought everyone one of my PDAs from them, and the one I go to in Plano, TX has a very knowledgable old guy who works there. I go in now and them and talk to him about the 4700 series... he keeps getting disappointed when I bring it up, what with it not being released by this point and all.

Best Buy and Fry's Electronics are the only other stores in the area with any decent selection of Pocket PCs. As a college student as well, I applied at all these places. Staples was the first to reply, but I went with Blockbuster instead, so I can't give you any info about working at any of them. But I wouldn't recommend Best Buy... too many of my friends worked there for a few months then left after not liking it at all.

Brad Adrian
09-17-2004, 07:08 AM
In this area, CompUSA has the largest supply of Pocket PCs and accessories.

yanathin
09-17-2004, 03:16 PM
CompUSA - that's what I was thinking too... But for some reason, mine doesn't have any of the new iPAQs yet, like the rx1715 or the rx3715. I'll try it anyway though. My Best Buy only has Palm, no Pocket PC's. Fry's is about a 45 minute drive, so that's out. And for Staples, they barely have anything... Haha, and their demo units are always broken.

Zack Mahdavi
09-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I believe Microcenter also sells Pocket PCs. They have a pretty good selection, although I haven't been there in about a year.