View Full Version : What IM is coming too...

Darius Wey
09-17-2004, 01:37 AM
IM decided to get a whole lot more interesting.

Talk about hogging system resources. :D

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_index.php

Strangely, it's like your own little personalised Sims package. :lol:

OSUKid7
09-17-2004, 02:03 AM
Not interested at all. That looks like some cheesy combination of iChat and that old Microsoft Chat included with Win95 (and 98?).

dean_shan
09-17-2004, 06:40 AM
Does look cheesey. I'm cool with stright text.

Shuushin
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Yep. That's useless.

99 cents for more avatar shoes...

Darius Wey
09-17-2004, 03:22 PM
The beauty of IM is its simple, quick and minimal resource hogging user interface.

This concept just defeats the purpose in my opinion. Why do I want to wait minutes to see my friend move his/her arm when in reality, all I really care about is what they say? :roll:

Sheynk
09-21-2004, 03:01 AM
The beauty of IM is its simple, quick and minimal resource hogging user interface.

This concept just defeats the purpose in my opinion. Why do I want to wait minutes to see my friend move his/her arm when in reality, all I really care about is what they say? :roll:

Indeed... this is what MSN messenger is soon to be. Far too many extras.

Janak Parekh
09-25-2004, 09:58 PM
AIM too, for that matter. There's a reason I finally switched over to Trillian (Pro) after years of dealing with those two. And I'm much happier with it. ;)

--janak

dean_shan
09-26-2004, 02:01 AM
AIM too, for that matter. There's a reason I finally switched over to Trillian (Pro) after years of dealing with those two. And I'm much happier with it. ;)

Same here, Trillian is clean, simple and to the point. I don't need I gimicky GUI to talk to my friends.

Darius Wey
09-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I've enjoyed using Trillian Pro for a while now. The fact that I can streamline my MSN and ICQ accounts into the one interface is good enough for me. But its abundant options and plugin support are definitely nice to have!

There's another commonly used program out there called Messenger 2 (http://messenger2.com/), although I still prefer Trillian. However, it's really based on personal choice.