View Full Version : Speaker Phone

raphnguyen
09-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am brand new to this forum. Does the i700 have a speaker phone option? I've heard rumors that it did, but I have no idea of how to use it. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

MsInferno
09-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Speakphone does exist -- hold down the "phone" button and you'll see an icon pop up at the very top of your screen... the volume is still a bit low, but it's nice for being on hold for extended periods of time...

LynnPritchard
11-08-2004, 12:23 PM
You can adjust the volume of the speaker phone once it is activated by pushing the "louder-quieter" button of the upper left side of the device-

rocky_raher
11-08-2004, 03:08 PM
I've never used the speakerphone option myself, but I want to mention one tidbit I read somewhere: Be sure to place the i700 face-down after putting it in speakerphone mode. The speaker is on the back, so you want the back side up.

I know this is obvious once it's been pointed out, but it's non-intuitive, and a good proportion of users wouldn't think of it. Thus it's worth a mention.

mwfielder
11-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Also note that the speakerphone can only be activated after you answer or initiate the call. You have to dial first, then once connected (when it starts ringing), then you can activate the speakerphone. Same with answering the phone.

Chris Spera
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I've never used the speakerphone option myself, but I want to mention one tidbit I read somewhere: Be sure to place the i700 face-down after putting it in speakerphone mode. The speaker is on the back, so you want the back side up.

I know this is obvious once it's been pointed out, but it's non-intuitive, and a good proportion of users wouldn't think of it. Thus it's worth a mention.

This is incorrect.

Place the device face up. The microphone is on the screen side at the bottom (the little hole under the Contacts button). Depending on the surface you place the device on, you may muffle your call completely, inabling the caller from hearing you.