View Full Version : Looking for program...

johnvo
09-15-2004, 05:56 AM
I just upgraded the firmware on my Ipaq 4355 and am reinstalling all my apps. I used to have this program that took over the toolbar at the top. What it allowed me to do was assign TAP and TAP&HOLD functions to the icons such as the Connection indicator. I thought it was WisBar but just installed the latest version and it doesn't have it.

Was it WisBar? It was so handy having just Tapping the Connection Icon to bring up the Wireless screen, and Tap&Hold to bring up the Wireless settings.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Darius Wey
09-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Perhaps it was Wisbar Advance (http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com)...the souped-up version of Wisbar?

Andy Whiteford
09-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Or ICBAR?

MikeInDallas
09-15-2004, 12:08 PM
I just upgraded the firmware on my Ipaq 4355 and am reinstalling all my apps. I used to have this program that took over the toolbar at the top. What it allowed me to do was assign TAP and TAP&HOLD functions to the icons such as the Connection indicator. I thought it was WisBar but just installed the latest version and it doesn't have it.

Another possibility is Magic Button by trancreative. If you didn't see a link to Trancreative Word Book in the utility's main menu, it probably wasn't Magic Button. You can tap and hold on anything that's running and close it, and you can also tell it to make the close button actually close apps. It's free, and it's my switcher of choice.

Jereboam
09-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Wisbar Advance does indeed offer tap and tap n hold functionality...very useful, especially for connectivity. WA also allows you to tap n hold on the start button...

I would also say that if you like making your PPC look good WA is the best supported in terms of skins, check out especially Juni's (http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/skinz.html) site.

WA2 is being actively developed which will allow sound schemes and further skinning of OS elements such as dialogue boxes, volume control etc...

J'bm

johnvo
09-15-2004, 04:56 PM
It was Wisbar Advance. Thanks guys! I installed the regular wisbar hehe.