View Full Version : Aux in for a Pocket PC

isilver
09-15-2004, 02:29 AM
I currently own a Dell Axim X5. I don't think it will let me use a Aux In option. Is there a pocketpc addon for compact flash or secure digital that would allow me to have aux in.

What about the dell axim x50, Is it suppose to have aux in?

Aux in of course meaning that I could plug in a cd player and have it play through the pocket pc.`

PetiteFlower
09-15-2004, 03:25 AM
Why would you want to do that anyway? The speaker on the Axim is crap. And if you'd be using headphones then why not plug them in directly to the CD player?

Sven Johannsen
09-15-2004, 04:31 AM
Since you have an X5 you have an option. http://www.core-sound.com/pdaudio-cf.html, but you gotta reeeaaaly want it. There aren't any PPCs with a line in or aux in or anything like that, and none are planned that I know of. The closest you get is a few that have mic inputs as part of the audio jack, but those are mono I believe anyway.

I agree with PetiteFlower though... why? Maybe if you had said. 'Aux in of course meaning that I could plug in a cd player and rip directly to the PPC.'

Dolphin
09-15-2004, 06:38 AM
If you could have stereo audio in inputs the ppc would make an excellent digital audio recorder! I'm sure someone in the audio engineering field has thought of that and there is probably something available. If you do a web search there’s probably a good chance you will find something... this coming from an ex-audio engineer.

isilver
09-15-2004, 05:40 PM
That is very expensive. The reason I want this solution is becasue I want everything compact and as a all in one item.

Every day I go to work I listen to my pocketpc through the speaker. I would love to put a cd into the computer and listen to music too. Earphones will do the job but cause me to be at my desk the whole time. On a daily basis I have to change which computer I am sitting out. So unless I am willing to carry spearkers with me to and from work then I can't use that option.

I just want to be able to output music from a aux in to the speakers so I can have portable audio everywhere. I could even hook my ipod up to the pocket pc and have a instant 20 gig hard drive of music. If this is the best that could be found then I will have to use it.

Sven Johannsen
09-16-2004, 02:39 AM
If that's the requirement, why don't you look for some small speakers. Radio Shack has some very nice ones for few $$. There are some small ones from Sony and others that sound fantastic. Very portable and cost far less than trying to get a line in for the PPC.