View Full Version : Sync problem with appointments

gandi
09-11-2004, 10:04 AM
After spending quite some time on this problem on my own I guess it is time to ask you for any help.

First, my enviroment.
My PocketPC syncs on both my workplace and my home-desktop. At work we have the full Exchange-spectrum, at home I only have Outlook. This way I keep both installations up to date regarding Notes, Contacts, Tasks and Appointments on my calendar.

Everything is working fine so far. Except one thing: Meetings arranged via Exchange with other colleagues.
The problem is quite simple: When synching at home ActiveSync complains that it could not find any proper contact for persons within those meetings. Of course it does not as I do not have access to our business-ActiveDirectory at home.

I guess the easiest solution would be just to add all persons I have appointments with to my contacts. But neither do I want to mess up my contacts nor do I want to add that much people (quite a lot of people working there).
I allready tried to copy all contacts from within the AD to a personal adressbook (.PAB) in Outlook for taking it home, but it seems like those files cannot handle that much information (only got from A to E-something).

So, does one of you guys have the same problem - and probably a soultion for it?

Ed Hansberry
09-13-2004, 02:18 AM
You'd have better luck exporting the AD to a CSV and importing it. Yeah, the problem you are running into is a pain. I know of no work around. :-(