View Full Version : Ahhh football...my old friend

CTSLICK
09-10-2004, 02:04 AM
American football that is. Its good to have the season starting up again.

Darius Wey
09-10-2004, 08:42 AM
The Australian one is about to end! ;)

mrkablooey
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
yeah it's all good.
too bad the colts lost though... i'll take a colts loss anyday if it means the packers win though. :wink:

CTSLICK
09-10-2004, 02:27 PM

I used to love it when ESPN would show Aussie rules footballl, what a great game! Makes ours boys kinda look wimpy the way your guys hit each other without the benefit of any pads.

CTSLICK
09-10-2004, 02:29 PM
yeah it's all good.
too bad the colts lost though... i'll take a colts loss anyday if it means the packers win though. :wink:

Hey it was the Colts game to win on at least 3 occasions, red zone turn overs are a killer!

Now I am holding my breath in anticipation to see how my Cowboys play under the leadership of Parcells. Kinda tough being a lone Cowboy fan in Viking land.

Darius Wey
09-12-2004, 05:55 AM

I used to love it when ESPN would show Aussie rules footballl, what a great game! Makes ours boys kinda look wimpy the way your guys hit each other without the benefit of any pads.

And it makes you wonder - with the number of injuries yielded after every round of matches played every week! ;)

ntractv
09-12-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah it's all good.

Hey it was the Colts game to win on at least 3 occasions, red zone turn overs are a killer!

Now I am holding my breath in anticipation to see how my Cowboys play under the leadership of Parcells. Kinda tough being a lone Cowboy fan in Viking land.

Oh yeah, try being the lone Cowbow fan in DC with all these rabid Redskin fans.

mrkablooey
09-12-2004, 06:22 PM
[Oh yeah, try being the lone Cowbow fan in DC with all these rabid Redskin fans.

There are a lot of Cowboy fans in DC.... having lived there for a long time (now just up north in B'more), I saw them everywhere. But they don't advertise it much. :wink:

CTSLICK
09-14-2004, 02:33 AM
Yikes...being a Cowboys fan in DC would be tough.

So lets review all of the anti-Cowboy places I have lived:

Denver (during the infamous Orange Crush era no less)
San Francisco (yes...when Dwight Clark made "the catch"...bah)
Minneapolis (whose Vikings just made easy work of my 'Boys).

Every time one of the local Viking fans gives me grief about the Cowboys I normally try to send them a link to the web page that lists all the Cowboy championships along with a picture of the Lombardi trophy.

Any others living in "enemy" territory.

PetiteFlower
09-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Go Eagles!

I can imagine it's tough being a Cowboys fan ANYWHERE other then Dallas! That team makes a lot of enemies.

I live in Philly. My 2 favorite teams are the Eagles, and whoever's playing the Cowboys :)

Steven Cedrone
09-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Go Eagles!

My 2 favorite teams are the Eagles, and whoever's playing the Cowboys :)

Well, it's tough being a Giants fan right about now...

My three favorite teams: the Giants and any one who plays Philly or Dallas! :wink:

Steve

PetiteFlower
09-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Hmph, you're just a sore loser :p

CTSLICK
09-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Go Eagles!

I can imagine it's tough being a Cowboys fan ANYWHERE other then Dallas! That team makes a lot of enemies.

But I don't understand why. OK...besides having had Michael Irving as a player who even annoyed me and and Barry Switzer as a head coach who I really dislike. Maybe its just that they had the audacity to label themselves as "America's Team".

I live in Philly. My 2 favorite teams are the Eagles, and whoever's playing the Cowboys :)

Cowboys-Eagles has always been a good rivalry. No matter how bad either team is this game is never a sure bet. Its like that with the Redskins too. I must admit that I think the Eagles are going to have the best of it this year.

maximus
09-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Go Eagles!

/me is a cowboy fan. Too bad almost no one knows football on this part of the world.

Darius Wey
09-15-2004, 08:53 AM
/me is a cowboy fan. Too bad almost no one knows football on this part of the world.

Hehe...that's because over here, football is either Aussie Rules or soccer, whichever way you look at it. It sure is a confusing term! ;)