View Full Version : AT&T has the unlock codes for my t-mobile h6315!!!!

tdefriez
09-09-2004, 04:47 AM
0X
After multiple attempt to get the unlock code for my h6315 via on-line support failing, due to unrecognised IMEI code, I gave up and spoke to a real operator tonight. After about 40 minutes of back and forth and her disappearing to talk with someone else she comes back and tells me the code is allocated to AT&T device! Strange as the device is clear labelled t-mobile and was purchased via t-mobile in local Compusa store!!!! She say I need to talk with Compusa to get the code - is she joking! I'll give it a try but!!!!

Does this mean t-mobile does not have the exclusive rights to these devices? Is AT&T going to start selling them soon? Maybe I should ask for a refund or sue them for selling good under a false label

Someone needs to hack this soon.

Brad Adrian
09-09-2004, 06:01 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with which company has "rights" to the various devices. You were just lucky that they were willing to help you.

I've done something similar before. I had a Cingular-branded phone that Cingular wouldn't give me the code for, even though I had been a customer for two years. I also had a T-Mobile Phone Edition, so I called T-Mobile and explained to them that I had a Cingular phone that I would also like to use with my T-Mobile account. Luckily, the person I was talking with recognized that unlocking the phone would only result in my using MORE minutes and spending MORE money with them, so she gave me the code.

They have really cracked down, though. Carriers used to provide the codes as long as you had been a customer for at least a year. Now, it's hard to find a carrier that will do it without a bunch of red tape.

tdefriez
09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Maybe your right but, they are will to give me a code but becuase the device is reported as being an AT&T device they can not due to some issue they have with AT&T - I have been a t-mobile customer now for several years (mainly due to worlwide coverage). What is silly is that the device was sold to me by T-mobile, is labelled T-mobile and (at this time) AT&T can't even supply the device due to exclusive deal between T-mobile and HP. Outside that if it is really locked to AT&T my SIM card (T-mobile) would not work and it clearly does - maybe the device is already unlocked (will check today using friends AT&T SIM)