View Full Version : WMP10 and PPC remote control programs?

tulrich
09-08-2004, 06:45 PM
I've been looking into the various options for remote control of WMP and other desktop media players using my PPC (e.g., Rudeo, Zerama, PocketPC Media Control). Seems they all work with WMP9, but does anyone know if they will work with WMP10? If they don't, I supposed there's always the VNC or Remote Desktop+Terminal Services option.

Jason Dunn
09-08-2004, 06:47 PM
WMP10 is brand new, so I'm sure the developers of these products are working to update their products - but do you know for a fact they no longer work? I'd be surprised if WMP10 changed under the hood so much that the remote tools no longer work...but I don't use tools like this, so what do I know. :lol:

tulrich
09-08-2004, 06:52 PM
I actually haven't tried yet, but was curious if anyone else had. If I get some time in the next couple of days I can try out a couple of them and let folks know what happens.

manywhere
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Well, that depends on how this remote control software works. If it is a WMP plug-in then it most likely works. In my case, the software/drivers that came with my Logitech Di Novo keyboard does work in WMP10 still. I can control WMP and see current track info with WMP 10 in the same way as with WMP 9. Btw, WMP 10 seems to handle plug-ins a bit faster than WMP 9, in my opinion. (At least when it comes to update the track info on the mediapad display.)