View Full Version : Looking for a thumb board that fits with a sleeve on the iPAQ

nitestrike
09-07-2004, 07:19 AM
I am interested in getting a thumb board that fits my 3975 with my CF+ sleeve attached. The part I'm having trouble with is that I don't want to loose the function of my buttons. At one time I had bought a thumb board that did that and had arrows for navigation. But it did not fit with a sleeve on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mscdex
09-07-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm afraid you might be out of luck, as both ipaq sleeves and any non-wireless keyboards connect to the bottom of the ipaq. Your best bet would be to buy a wireless keyboard, but it would be a foldable keyboard, not a thumb keyboard.

nitestrike
09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I found one that it close to what I want. The version that was for the iPAQ 3600 allowed for it to fit over a sleeve. Now I just need to find out if this one does.

http://snipurl.com/8xga

Any different Thumb Boards would be helpful also, as this isn't exactly what I am looking for.

PR.
09-08-2004, 12:06 PM
The official one I bought for my 5450 works with a sleeve on, its uses the sync connector on the bottom and the back slides down if you have a sleeve fitted.

It also has arrow keys but the problem I had with it was that it would catch the buttons underneath like pressing the "r" "t" and "y" keys caused the action key to be pressed.

P/N is 251274-001

Hope that helps