View Full Version : Big Problem with installed program

mscdex
09-07-2004, 03:52 AM
My iPaq has been sitting in it's cradle for a very long time since I haven't been out much due to an illness. So when I turned back on and slid my cf wifi card in to get on the net, it wasn't working so I went to my connections tab in the control panel. I had installed a program called "KelBran IP Manager" to help manage different IP setups for my wifi card. So when I went to double tap the IP Mgr icon that was in the connections tab, it came up with an error, "Invalid entry." And you tap OK, and it pops up again. This happens about 10 times or so, then the entire PPC freezes.

So I soft reset my iPaq and lo and behold, the error comes up as soon as it resets. I'm still able to access everything else on my iPaq, but the message is always there on my Today Screen. I can move it around and such, but no luck of removing the program until the program is closed.

So then I thought I would be able to remove the program from the Run key in the registry, so I downloaded the PHM registry editor. Problem is, I can't find the Run key anywhere.

Anyone happen to know where it is located? Or some other way I can remedy this WITHOUT doing a hard reset? Thanks in advance.

jimski
09-07-2004, 04:47 AM
The program is probably in you Startup folder (File Explorer/My Device/Windows/Startup). You can move (just in case you need it again) the file to another folder temporarily and try a soft reset. You should be able to remove/reinstall the program at that time.

mscdex
09-07-2004, 05:36 AM
The program is probably in you Startup folder (File Explorer/My Device/Windows/Startup). You can move (just in case you need it again) the file to another folder temporarily and try a soft reset. You should be able to remove/reinstall the program at that time.

That worked. I can't believe I didn't think of that 8O
Thank you :)