View Full Version : desperate search.....mp3

pdaided
09-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi all,
A little off topic unless there is some software for my ipaq I am not aware of.
I am on a desperate search for a piece of equipment that I just can’t find. What I need is a portable MP3 player that incorporates a keypad for random track selection. I currently embed MP3’s into powerpoint and pull them up randomly with a kepad.
What I need is

- a portable player like the one pictured below(that is not available for the open market) This unit is perfect except they will not give you the ability to buy one and change the programming material yourself. I could hook the audio out (headphone jack) into one of my wireless body packs for transmission.
- A longrange wireless remote that would allow me to do this same thing with powerpoint.by changing my slides wirelessly but not just sequential order, it would also need a keypad. (up to 100 feet)

http://www.antennaaudio.com/xpplus2.jpg

If you can help me with possible solutions out there I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

pdaided

surur
09-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Maybe you could explain your intended use a bit more. Also it may be simple to code up this application in eVB or .net CF.

Surur

pdaided
09-07-2004, 01:16 AM
What i am needing is simply random access to mp3's.

SteveHoward999
09-07-2004, 05:13 AM
What i am needing is simply random access to mp3's.

Your picture didn't come through, but an iPod will do what you want.

Steve

pdaided
09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Steve,

An Ipod does not have a keypad.

surur
09-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Could you explain more?

You want a screen like a telephone keypad, which you press buttons. This will play different MP3's?

Will the MP3's be preselected, or will they be randomly assigned to each button?

I think you need to clarify a bit more. It still sounds like an app can be coded very easily.

Surur

SteveHoward999
09-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Steve,

An Ipod does not have a keypad.

I don't understand the destinction. You want to press a button or buttons to get acces to mp3s at random. I can press some buttons on the iPod to get music at random.

I guess you do need to explain more exactly your need.

Steve

pdaided
09-07-2004, 10:15 PM
If I have 100 songs recorded.

press 6 7, and song number 67 comes up, press play and it begins.

No playlist or scrolling needed.

That's how these tourguide systems work. saw it at Graceland first!!

SteveHoward999
09-07-2004, 11:00 PM
If I have 100 songs recorded.

press 6 7, and song number 67 comes up, press play and it begins.

Ah - so you want to select your own song, not have the machine choose one at random.

OK I would still say you can use the iPod for this, but I see what you mean, the interface on the iPod is not so friendly for this sort of thing.

Steve

pdaided
09-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Something like this -

http://www.antennaaudio.com/amp.jpg

Or This would be great-

[img]http://www.antennaaudio.com/xpplus2.jpg

SteveHoward999
09-07-2004, 11:44 PM
That could be knocked up in eVB, eVC or even Flash relatively easily.

Are you looking to pay for this or are you hoping to find a freebie?

Steve

pdaided
09-08-2004, 12:27 AM
I am willing to pay if I can get it done.

I need all 10 numeric keys, volume up and down, play, pause, stop, and the kitchen sink...

If I can't get it in a hardware unit, the buttons need to be "thumbable".
Can I reroute some of my 4355 ipaq's buttons to do some of this if you write the program?

I got lots of buttons!!

pdaided

surur
09-08-2004, 07:47 AM
How would you know which number would be which track? e.g. which track is number 73?

Would you print it out beforehand?

Surur

pdaided
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Yes, i have a numbered list that i refer to for my powerpoint slides, so same here.

SteveHoward999
09-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I am willing to pay if I can get it done.

I need all 10 numeric keys, volume up and down, play, pause, stop, and the kitchen sink...

If I can't get it in a hardware unit, the buttons need to be "thumbable".
Can I reroute some of my 4355 ipaq's buttons to do some of this if you write the program?

Right now I am up to my eyes for the next two weeks. After that I should have time to look at it ... so if someone else wants to step up and offer to build you something ... feel free.

Yes the hardware buttons can be mapped to do things ... depends what you want of course :-)

Steve