View Full Version : I am looking to get these programs, as I am switch between OS platform?

scarletknight
09-06-2004, 01:24 AM
How is CalliGrapher 7 (is this similar or better than JOT [aka: Palm OS Graffiti 2])?

Which is more intuitive for a PIM that is also user friendly, yet robust: Pocket Informant 5 or Agenda Fusion 6 (are they as good as agendus [great palm os PIM[)

what's you opinion on Resco File Explorer?

Is this a pretty good software Spb Pocket Plus 2.0?

btw: I just purchase an ipaq hp 5555. I have to wait two weeks to get it though. So, I want to be ready.

Sven Johannsen
09-06-2004, 01:34 AM
I would recommend waiting till you get your PPC before deciding it needs to be fixed.

How is CalliGrapher 7 (is this similar or better than JOT [aka: Palm OS Graffiti 2])?.

Calligrapher is great, but it extends the features of Transcriber, a natural Handwriting Recognition engine that comes on the PPC.

Which is more intuitive for a PIM that is also user friendly, yet robust: Pocket Informant 5 or Agenda Fusion 6 (are they as good as agendus [great palm os PIM[)

Can't compare them as I've never got that deep into a PALM. Give the included Outlook suite a try to see if yo miss anything.

what's you opinion on Resco File Explorer? Coming from an OS that really doesn't have a file explorer at all, you might be OK with just the built in File Explorer. If you are looking for an experience much like desktop Windows, Resco will do that.

Is this a pretty good software Spb Pocket Plus 2.0? Yup, It's the only one that is of a kind I'm sure you will want. Since you now will have an OS that really multitasks, you may want a way to over-ride the OSs idea of how to use your memeory. Hence, Task Switchers. One comes with the 5555, I believe, iTask, but you may want more.

btw: I just purchase an ipaq hp 5555. I have to wait two weeks to get it though. So, I want to be ready.

Vidge
09-06-2004, 03:49 AM
How is CalliGrapher 7 (is this similar or better than JOT [aka: Palm OS Graffiti 2])?
You may not need CalliGrapher. Wait to see if transcriber works for you. Transcriber is not similar to Jot or G2 (which is Jot lite, BTW). It is handwriting recognition, not something that requires you to adjust your handwriting to the letters. (I have not adjusted to Transcriber, BTW. Too many years on Palm OS so I use Block Recognizer instead.)

This is the same debate as DB5 vs Agendus. Download them both and see which one works for you.

what's you opinion on Resco File Explorer?
I consider it a necessary program (which came with my hp, BTW).

Is this a pretty good software Spb Pocket Plus 2.0?
First PPC software I purchased. Worth the $$

I'm running a T3 side-by-side with a HP4155. I suggest you play with the 5555 for a bit before you buy anything. PPC is a lot different from Palm OS.

scarletknight
09-06-2004, 10:44 AM
see topic