View Full Version : 6315 will not power on requiring a soft reset

mm
09-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Have had it for a week.

First installed PI, Calligrapher, resco file explorer, listpro, ewallet, phatnotes, and pocketplus.

Next morning it would not turn on with the power button until I did a soft reset. This happened several times during the day until after trying different things, I turned off pocketplus battery taskbar indicator, then it turned on every time.

I tried a hard reset and a reinstall of PI and Calligrapher and it did it again so I returned the unit for another at the tmobile store, thinking that it was a problem with that unit. Tmobile level 2 agreed with me.

The new 6315 is doing it again, not turning on with a push of the power button and requiring a soft reset, after installing PI and Calligrapher.

I am trying it now with just PI installed.

Any ideas? Anybody else having this power button problem?

willkess71
09-04-2004, 08:38 PM
PI should work fine but I have found that calligrapher causes the system to lockup. I would try it for a while and see but once I took off Calligrapher my 6315 has worked incredibly well.

jimsparkman
09-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Anyone have any experience with Resco's Keyboard Pro on the 6315? My device acts pretty stange quite often... have done a complete reset and reinstall of minimal apps to see what makes a difference, installed Keyboard Pro, but now thinking, since it runs all the time, is it causing some of my troubles.

Also, found out that HTTPMail won't work on the device and causes the Inbox app to completely flip out sometimes. Pocket MSN does work though, but sure liked HTTPMail much better for sync'ing my MSN Mail. I really like this device, but if it doesn't get more reliable very quickly, I may just have to go back to my i-mate.

I'm sometimes missing calls, even sitting in an area where I have a full signal... sometimes when the unit goes to sleep, if a call comes it it won't wake up and ring... then you can turn the unit on and it'll start off showing it is searching for a signal, even though the LED is falshing green, and after a few seconds it'll show full bars and GPRS again... call it again and it rings.... mind you, I didn't move two feet.

Really dissapointed with these issues... I have to be able to count on calls coming in (at least in a good service area, of course).

- Jim

mm
09-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Calligrapher 7.3 seems to be the culprit on my 6315 on locking it up so it can not be turned on. I have tried 4 times now. Everything works well until I load Calligrapher and reset. After that the 6315 will not turn on without a soft reset until I unload Calligrapher. Then it works fine.

This is too bad because Calligrapher has been my favorite program for the ppc since Nino days.

Paladin27
09-07-2004, 01:59 PM
It's Calligrapher 7, I emailed Phatware and the developer sent me a reg key change to see if it helped. So far since I changed the reg key three days ago I have experienced no more of these lock ups.... here's the key change....

HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Touch\DriverName

Change "\Windows\cgrtouchstub1.dll" to "touch.dll"

Worked great for me!

Jon Westfall
09-07-2004, 04:05 PM
It's Calligrapher 7, I emailed Phatware and the developer sent me a reg key change to see if it helped. So far since I changed the reg key three days ago I have experienced no more of these lock ups.... here's the key change....

HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Touch\DriverName

Change "\Windows\cgrtouchstub1.dll" to "touch.dll"

Worked great for me!

I second that. Phatware emailed me the change too, and I'm having no problems anymore. I wonder what cgrtouchstub1.dll did anyway...

rprata
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Have had it for a week.

First installed PI, Calligrapher, resco file explorer, listpro, ewallet, phatnotes, and pocketplus.

Calligrapher. Same thing happened to me. No lock-up's, and then after I installed Calligrapher, I kept getting these lockup's with the screen off, and had to soft-reset. Removed Calligrapher, and all is well again.