View Full Version : Milk 2 skin for WisBar Advance

KTamas
09-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi all

Here comes my 5th WisBar Advance skin, Milk 2, port of the WindowBlinds port of the MSStyle port of the original Mac theme :D

KTamas

Screenshot:
http://ktamas.srv.hu/milk2screenshot.PNG

Download (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10322596/)

ipaq_boy
09-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Nice skin, Ktamas.
But you should think to make wa2 and vga themes. I'd like to have your themes on my future hx4700.

KTamas
09-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Nice skin, Ktamas.
But you should think to make wa2 and vga themes. I'd like to have your themes on my future hx4700.
First, I Don't have VGA device (and my next PDA, which i'Ll buy soon, will be MDA2, which is still QVGA). Second, I'll make WA2 skins when a real stable version or the final comes out, cause it is very unstable@me. And third, MDA2 is incompatible with WisBar so I will stop making skins until WisBar Advance Phone Edition comes out.

ipaq_boy
09-05-2004, 07:33 PM
First, I Don't have VGA device (and my next PDA, which i'Ll buy soon, will be MDA2, which is still QVGA). Second, I'll make WA2 skins when a real stable version or the final comes out, cause it is very unstable@me. And third, MDA2 is incompatible with WisBar so I will stop making skins until WisBar Advance Phone Edition comes out.
Neither have I a VGA device, but I'm making vga skins for wa2. The last beta of wa2 was really stable, and it takes less sources than wa1. The mda2 is incompatible with wa2, ok, thats true at the moment but wape is coming soon.

KTamas
09-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Neither have I a VGA device, but I'm making vga skins for wa2. The last beta of wa2 was really stable, and it takes less sources than wa1. The mda2 is incompatible with wa2, ok, thats true at the moment but wape is coming soon.
Okay, maybe it'll sound strange but I'm making skins for myself, and i'm just releasing it cause if i made it, then why not? So that's the reason I won't makes VGA skins util I'll have a VGA device...

Darius Wey
09-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Okay, maybe it'll sound strange but I'm making skins for myself, and i'm just releasing it cause if i made it, then why not? So that's the reason I won't makes VGA skins util I'll have a VGA device...

Don't worry. There's nothing strange about that. As self-centred as it may seem, a lot of people, including me, design skins with personal use in mind, and only if it looks good, would I release it to others.

That's what I did with Aquatic & Fire (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30486). I had it lurking around on my PPC and my computer for months fine-tuning it before I released it. While I did make it compatible with VGA devices, I only did this at the end when I had decided to release it to accomodate those VGA users out there. Don't feel pressured to make VGA skins. After all, it's a privilege to be able to use your skins in the first place. We should be happy with what you give us. You do a good job and I commend you on it. :)

KTamas
09-05-2004, 08:05 PM

Don't worry. There's nothing strange about that. As self-centred as it may seem, a lot of people, including me, design skins with personal use in mind, and only if it looks good, would I release it to others.

That's what I did with Aquatic & Fire (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30486). I had it lurking around on my PPC and my computer for months fine-tuning it before I released it. While I did make it compatible with VGA devices, I only did this at the end when I had decided to release it to accomodate those VGA users out there. Don't feel pressured to make VGA skins. After all, it's a privilege to be able to use your skins in the first place. We should be happy with what you give us. You do a good job and I commend you on it. :)
And another thing. When i make WisBar Advance skin, I'M porting from WindowBLinds skins. It's easy to port them to QVGA cause PocketPC's taskbar (in qvga of course) is 26-pixel wide. The taskbar on the PC in WB themes is usually 20-30 pixels wide, so i just have to resize it, and the icons/min/max/close buttons are 16-20 pixels so it is actually good and i just have to copy-paste it. If i want to make VGA theme, i have to makes 2 times wider, so i actually have to re-make the whole theme, and it's too messy.

Darius Wey
09-05-2004, 08:08 PM
And another thing. When i make WisBar Advance skin, I'M porting from WindowBLinds skins. It's easy to port them to QVGA cause PocketPC's taskbar (in qvga of course) is 26-pixel wide. The taskbar on the PC in WB themes is usually 20-30 pixels wide, so i just have to resize it, and the icons/min/max/close buttons are 16-20 pixels so it is actually good and i just have to copy-paste it. If i want to make VGA theme, i have to makes 2 times wider, so i actually have to re-make the whole theme, and it's too messy.

And so you highlight the laborious task of making a WisBar Advance skin. :D

I never really wanted to highlight how arduous the task was, yet I wholeheartedly agree with what you say.

ipaq_boy
09-06-2004, 01:06 AM

First of all, great themes, DJ Apod!
I started making my skins only for personal use, but I thought that many people could take benefit of my skins, so I have make and the first wa2 skin, and it have been included in the first 3 betas, maybe also will be include in the definitive version, until my skins webpage is finished.

ipaq_boy
09-06-2004, 01:12 AM

Ktamas, making skins for vga devices ir very easy and amusing, just look one of my skins in both resollutions:

http://www.portalppc.com/forum/uploads/imagens/ipaqboy/images/2004-06-19_151820_windows_95.PNG

http://www.portalppc.com/forum/uploads/imagens/ipaqboy/images/2004-08-20_175454_windows_95_vga.PNG

KTamas
09-06-2004, 04:31 AM

Ktamas, making skins for vga devices ir very easy and amusing, just look one of my skins in both resollutions:

http://www.portalppc.com/forum/uploads/imagens/ipaqboy/images/2004-06-19_151820_windows_95.PNG

http://www.portalppc.com/forum/uploads/imagens/ipaqboy/images/2004-08-20_175454_windows_95_vga.PNG
So I just have to re-size the pictures? Won't be the skin look ugly?

ipaq_boy
09-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Well, actually wa2 does resize the pictures to vga res, but if you whant to make a real vga theme, like my windows 95, you can use the same icon but in 16x16 for qvga devices and 32x32 for vga devices...

Darius Wey
09-07-2004, 12:00 PM
First of all, great themes, DJ Apod!
I started making my skins only for personal use, but I thought that many people could take benefit of my skins, so I have make and the first wa2 skin, and it have been included in the first 3 betas, maybe also will be include in the definitive version, until my skins webpage is finished.

Thanks ipaq_boy. I have started to take a stab at WA2 skin construction, although I don't think I'll hit the green light until WA2 becomes a stable release. I'd hate to think there'd be last minute changes made to the way skin packages are handled.

ipaq_boy
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
The definitive version of wa2 is coming soon. The wa new versions will have more features to skin, so you have to upgrade your skins when a new version is released.

Darius Wey
09-07-2004, 02:16 PM
The definitive version of wa2 is coming soon. The wa new versions will have more features to skin, so you have to upgrade your skins when a new version is released.

Yep. I noticed that. I've been playing with the beta releases for quite a while now. Hopefully a lot of the bugs will be ironed out when the final release is brought out.