View Full Version : Axim 5 & Wireless

Simone
09-03-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm an Axim 5er who hasn't ventured into the wireless realm yet. Any input as to what wireless CF card to get?

Simi

Sven Johannsen
09-03-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm an Axim 5er who hasn't ventured into the wireless realm yet. Any input as to what wireless CF card to get?

Simi

I waiver between telling you to get a good one like the Socket or Symbol which cost a bit more, or get a cheap one becuase you'll be looking for a PPC with Built-in WiFi once you get used to it anyway ;)

P.S. the X30 is a very nice machine at a decent price, and the upcoming X50 would make a nice replacement for your X5

Simone
09-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks, Sven!

I decided to get the one that Dell had on sale. Pretty good price, not enough to hurt, but enough to entice me into the wireless realm.

Thanks for the input on the X50, too. I'm not ready to part with my sweet little 5 yet, but eventually I know I'll have to.

Simi

gvanjr
09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm an X5'er myself and think it's a great PDA. Picked it up from Dell over a year ago as a refurb and have had absolutely no problems. I have Symbol and D-Link CF wireless cards that I use for different purposes and both work flawlessly. (and it helps to know what you're doing) I might make the jump to internal wi-fi one day but for now my X5 is perfect.

Simone
09-30-2004, 11:20 PM
How do you get Internet Explorer to connect to the internet if the only choices under "settings" are for modems??? I'm running PPC2002.

StarkAZ75
10-12-2004, 12:55 AM
I've had a Netgear MA701 CF card for a couple of years now, and it's done pretty well. I even left it in my pocket once when the pants went into the washer, and it survided.