View Full Version : EA and mobile gaming

Darius Wey
09-03-2004, 11:35 AM
I stumbled upon an article today in BBC News discussing Electronic Arts making a move towards mobile gaming. You can read more about it here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3621182.stm).

I've posted a quote from the article below:

EA plans to release mobile versions of three of its big titles for this year, Fifa Football 2005, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 and Need for Speed Underground 2.

Next year, gamers can expect a mobile phone version of The Sims, as well as further titles, said EA.

In the long-term, the company is looking at ways of linking its mobile and consoles games.

A gamer could, for example, play The Sims on a mobile and then upload the changes to the game on a PC of console at home.

Do you think EA will bring ports of these popular games to the PPC? Hmmm...the possibilities are endless. 8)

maximus
09-03-2004, 11:53 AM
The first title they should port into PPC platform is, of course, C&C generals. Then the Battle for Middle Earth.

:mrgreen:

Darius Wey
09-03-2004, 12:19 PM
The first title they should port into PPC platform is, of course, C&C generals. Then the Battle for Middle Earth.

:mrgreen:

Battle For Middle Earth? I'm not even sure current PPCs will be able to run that without toning down half of the features implemented into the PC port.

maximus
09-06-2004, 02:18 AM
I wouldn't mind playing a toned down version of C&C generals and battle for middle earth on PPC ... all those idle times at malls, dentist, meetings, etc. :wink:

Darius Wey
09-06-2004, 04:47 AM
I wouldn't mind playing a toned down version of C&C generals and battle for middle earth on PPC ... all those idle times at malls, dentist, meetings, etc. :wink:

I can't guarantee that will come out soon, although Microsoft are about to release a bunch of games onto the PPC (e.g. Midtown Madness).

billbuckner
09-06-2004, 01:15 PM
NASCAR Thunder would be AWESOME. mMMMMmm... actual damage system... more than 4 cars in a race...