View Full Version : Pocket Player / Pocket Plus conflict?

terrypin
09-03-2004, 10:14 AM
I'm trialing Pocket Player 2.51. There seems to be some sort of serious conflict with reminders.

Typically I set my reminders for tasks or appointments in Agenda Fusion (which uses built in Pocket Outlook). This has been working fine for a year or so, with scores of other programs also used (including music players like WMP, CEPlayList, GSPlayer, etc). I also use the Repeating Alarms feature of Pocket Plus, set to Ascending, so that sound repeats, with increasing volume.

The problem arose since I installed Pocket Player this morning. (See my separate post about installation problems. I *think* I now have it 'successfully' installed. I removed it entirely, and manually from registry, then re-installed.)

While the player was 'dormant' (i.e. paused, with screen switched off), a reminder popped up and the reminder sound started playing. But neither the Dismiss nor Snooze buttons would remove it. I had to soft reset. The reminder window popped up again half way through the reset progress, and I was then able to dismiss it.

Also note that the sound was immediately at its full volume, instead of gradually increasing. So it looks like the conflict might be between Pocket Player and Pocket Plus. I've emailed both Conduits and SPB in the hope that they'll discuss it with each other.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Jason Patterson
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Terry,

On our IPAQ 2210 test device, we could not recreate this problem. After pausing a track and having a reminder pop up, it did seem that the IPAQ discarded the first screen tap (this is characteristic of the IPAQ itself), but then processed the second tap (tapping Snooze).

What did you mean by it being at its "full volume"? Did you mean the reminder noise, or the music from Pocket Player? If you are referring to a feature in SPB (increasing the reminder volume), we're not sure what might be causing that problem since it is likely an issue with SPB Pocket Plus.

terrypin
09-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks Jason. Yes, the reminder sound, as per "I also use the Repeating Alarms feature of Pocket Plus, set to Ascending, so that sound repeats, with increasing volume." (Particularly handy if you're in a public place when the reminder goes off, like a library <g>.)

I'll try it again tomorrow, and report back.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.