View Full Version : Lost my Auto-complete?

Islander
09-03-2004, 03:21 AM
This is probably an easy one.

I installed a trial for SPB Full Screen Keyboard, and seem to have lost my auto completion when typing, even when using the default soft keyboard. :oops:

I went into Options, off the keyboard, into "input", "word complettion" and "Suggest words" is checked, after 2 letters, suggest one word, add a space, replace text as you type.

I still no longer have my word completion at all...nothing pops up, ever.
Help?

Thanks...

ToddJ
09-03-2004, 05:06 AM
have you installed anything else recently?

Although I might post this under its own topic, is there anyway for the PPC to learn or add words to its auto complete 'dictionary'? that would be quite nice.....my palm did it when adding contacts.....

surur
09-03-2004, 08:27 AM
I never knew autocomplete could even do that. Are you sure you were not just imagining that it learn new words?

Surur

StickyPenguin
09-03-2004, 10:06 AM
did you install it to main memory or to a storage card?

Also, according to the SPB support request page on their site, their software may conflict with other running software such as dashboard or wisbar, though it's not clear whether these directly affect the word complete functionality.

In SPB Full Screen Keyboard version 2 you can turn word complete on and off in the options and there's also a 'Use user dictionary' option to create/use a custom dictionary.

Check out the manual (http://http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/fsk/Spb_Full_Screen_Keyboard_User_Manual.pdf) on the SPB website.

maximus
09-03-2004, 11:56 AM
I never knew autocomplete could even do that. Are you sure you were not just imagining that it learn new words?

Surur

If it actually is learning new words, the new words will not survive a soft reset, right ?

CEGiven
09-03-2004, 01:31 PM
This is probably an easy one.

I installed a trial for SPB Full Screen Keyboard, and seem to have lost my auto completion when typing, even when using the default soft keyboard. :oops:

I went into Options, off the keyboard, into "input", "word complettion" and "Suggest words" is checked, after 2 letters, suggest one word, add a space, replace text as you type.

I still no longer have my word completion at all...nothing pops up, ever.
Help?

Thanks...

You're not alone. My iPAQ 4155 is constantly ignoring word completion settings. A soft reboot usually gets it working again, but it's very irritating. I haven't found out what software is causing the conflict.

surur
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM

Surur

If it actually is learning new words, the new words will not survive a soft reset, right ?

Well thats cool then, because we know we hardly ever soft-reset pocketpc's, dont we :cry:

Surur

Islander
09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
have you installed anything else recently?

Ha! ...Ha Ha! Ha hahaha... <cough> yeah, sure have.

Thanks for the replies... I should try and remember that the universal cure for so many ails, no matter the size of the system, is a reboot. Yeah, it worked, auto complete is back. I forget that shutting it off doesn't reboot it.

I put the soft reset icon on my "System" tab...love that Spb Pocket Plus 2.1 :