View Full Version : iPAQ 6315 as modem for laptop

nasaman007
09-02-2004, 02:26 AM
I had an iPAQ 2215, connected through my T610 cell phone to get a GPRS connection for the PDA. I was also able to get the laptop, with bluetooth, to connect to the cell phone and get a GPRS connection to surf the web.

Any idea how to do this with the 6315 as the phone? I'm using a 15" Powerbook.

Thanks in advance!

CrashX
01-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure about doing this with a PowerBook (I have an iBook but haven't tried on that yet), but I followed this thread to set everything up for my Windows notebook.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=34018&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

After much frustration I gave up for a while. The connection was there but it would drop almost instantly, which seemed to be quite common. I was later pointed to another thread which provided an update to the Bluetooth stack that had been stripped from a patch to the i-mate. After installing it, everything worked perfectly.

The thread containing the patch is linked at the end of the thread I listed above. I've also posted on it elsewhere in these forums. Search for "6315 modem" using the "Search for all terms" option and you'll find it.