View Full Version : New e755

j95pgt
09-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello Im new here. I just ordered my e755. I havent recieved it yet. I own a toshiba laptop and am really happy with it so I figured I buy another toshiba product. I was also swayed with the biger screen since I think I will be using ebooks alot. I was kinda scared about the bad customer support I have been hearing about but then again I heard that the hp pocket pcs were not to hot on customer suport either. That was my next choice. So is there anything I need to watchout for or know about. Such as good programs to get or just anything I need to know. Thanks

gregmills
09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I've haven't needed Toshiba's technical support too many times but they've been good to me when I've had to deal with them. You're buying PDA that doesn't have have an upgrade to WM2003SE yet. Some say it's coming, some say don't hold your breath.

If you wanted the latest OS and the biggest screen you would have wanted the e800 but that would have been significantly more expensive. I've had the e750 since January and I love it.

Darius Wey
09-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Glad to see you picked Toshiba. It's always a good brand to start with. I'll run you through some "essential software"...well what I believe to be anyway. It's not the entire list of software I would recommend but it's a short and sweet list to get you started:

Spb Pocket Plus - task manager, today plugin, file explorer enhancer, Pocket IE enhancer, repeating alarms function...heck, it may even wash the dishes!

WisBar Advance - a very good, and free, taskbar manager which has support for skins. There are thousands out there! I've even made some (http://www.gobyte.tk). :)

BetaPlayer - your essential DivX player; it's fast and furious. :D

iSilo - excellent eBook reader

Microsoft Reader - ditto

RepliGo - I like this software for viewing a whole bunch of documents. It uses the .RGO which you can create from your main computer.

MSN Messenger Update - available from the Microsoft Windows Mobile website, it is a critical update for all WM2003 devices.

PHM Registry Editor - if you're a registry freak. :D

Among other things, I also use NetFront (browsing), Spb Finance (financing) [you may also want to check out Microsoft Money], Spb Imageer (imaging) [you may also want to check out Resco Photo Viewer], PocketTV (MPEG player), RealOne Player (for playing Real files), Pocket Informant (good alternative to the standard Windows Mobile PIM system), PocketBreeze (good today plugin for viewing your PIM information) [you may also want to check out Calendar+], Acrobat Reader (although there are better and more compact alternatives out there at the moment), WeatherPanel (if you love your weather) [you may also want to have a look at Journal Bar by OmegaOne], and ICQ.

Hope that's a good starter list. I encourage others to post their software list to give j95pgt a good idea of the kind of software we use. :)

gregmills
09-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Incidentally,

There's a new release candidate for WisBar Advance 2 available today. I've been running it all morning and it seems very stable :)

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549&start=0

j95pgt
09-03-2004, 01:06 PM
thanks for the reply guys. Yea I didnt go with the e800 because of the jump in price. I figure the VGA screens will be standard when I am ready to get a new PPC. And the screen is not that much bigger. I cant wait to get it in the mail. I will defiantely look at the software you are recomending for me. Thanks a bunch.