View Full Version : OGM for PPC?

Supaiku
09-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Is there a codecpack/player for PPCs that plays OGM files?

Fishie
09-01-2004, 04:13 AM
There are plenty that play Ogg, Winampaq, Betaplayer and a few others all play it.

Supaiku
09-01-2004, 05:27 AM
Not ogg. ogm, it's video, though it often times uses ogg for sound.

Janak Parekh
09-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I haven't seen any yet. :( In fact, aren't OGM players relatively rare for desktops?

--janak

Supaiku
09-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Ya sorta... No one can ever figure out how to play the files cuz they can't search google (if you can it's easy). I am not really sure how many acutally play them cuz I have found one I like that works well for everything...

I doubt there are any... That sucks though cuz I have a lot of anime in OGM :cry: I don't wanna figure out how to convert it all and then have to do it... thats a lot of repetition... :rolleyes: oh well.

manywhere
09-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Yepp, you want to get BetaPlayer (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27589&highlight=ogm) for OGM files on your Pocket PC.

Fishie
09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Sorry, my bad.

Ah Betaplayer, is there something it CANT do? :mrgreen:

Supaiku
09-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Sweet:D

jeffmd
09-06-2004, 02:27 AM
betplayer/pocketmvp have been doing ogm for a long time now. And players on PC don't need to support it, you simply need to install a direct show codec. Infact, thats the only way you can playback ogm. Betaplayer's ogm performance is currently faster that avi..again. :)

maikii
09-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Is there a codecpack/player for PPCs that plays OGM files?

Yes, definitely, despite some comments here. The best one now is Betaplayer, great freeware.

To get it go to www.corecodec.com, Forums, Betaplayer (you can read a lot about it there), and follow links from there to download it. (There is also a homepage for Betaplayer--http://betaplayer.corecodec.org/ , but there have been problems with that link lately. You could try that first, but if it doesn't work, try the other way mentioned.)

I believe the latest "stable" release is still 0.4. (I believe a new one will probably be out soon.) However, there have been many interim releases, called "unstable" releases, since 0.4, that add many more features, like Matroska support, playback of WMA and WMV (download and install the ASF plugin as well), etc., etc. I would recommend downloading and installing the latest "unstable" release (don't get put off by the name, nothing "unstable" about them, just means beta versions, not a final release), and any or all of the several plugins available, depending on what kind of files you might want to open with it. Make sure that you download the plugin with the same version number as the program. Each of the unstable releases and associated plugins can be downloaded either as cab files to transfer to the PPC and install from it, or as .exe files to install from the PC using ActiveSync. Make sure you download the version according to which of the two ways you wish to install it.

Betaplayer will play just about any possible media on the PPC now, with a lot of options. Anyone interested in playing media (music and/or video) on their PPC should check it out.

Fishie
09-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Betaplayer works great on my smartphone as well

Janak Parekh
09-12-2004, 08:18 AM
I happily stand corrected. Thanks for the heads-up, guys. :)

--janak

Weyoun6
09-26-2004, 11:43 PM
I think the reason most people don't know about OGM is because it has several problems, and MKV fixed most of these problems.