View Full Version : Stowaway BT shipping!

elehcdn
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
I just got notice on Friday that my Stowaway BT shipped from ThinkOutside.

After the initial product release, I haven't heard much news, other than reviews from what I would think were pre-release units.

I got my order in early after a great deal of satisfaction from previous ThinkOutside products. I haven't heard about customers receiving BT's, so I am passing on the word that mine has shipped and should be arriving later this week (I was not in a huge rush, so I only opted for ground shipping).

Phillip Dyson
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I received the Dell re-branded one a couple of weeks ago. Paid $99 for it.
I've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet.

I had an order in with ThinkOutside but they kept pushing back the date. So I cancelled it and bought it from Dell.

Sven Johannsen
08-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Does the Dell one come with drivers for all the things that the ThinkOutside site says it will work with?

elehcdn
08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I received the Dell re-branded one a couple of weeks ago. Paid $99 for it.
I've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet.

I had an order in with ThinkOutside but they kept pushing back the date. So I cancelled it and bought it from Dell.

Have you got a link? I don't see the bluetooth keyboard on the Dell site.

Phillip Dyson
08-30-2004, 11:40 PM
I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Hopefully I will get to it today.

Here is one link on the site that references it.
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~id=pdakeyboard&~mode=popup

Also, here is the thread on aximsite.com that got met to order it from Dell.
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=46811&highlight=bluetooth+keyboard

There are others but this is the one that I read.

I currently have an HP2215 so I'll let you now how successful I am.

Phillip Dyson
08-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Just set it up.

It works on my on my HP2215 just fine. Its only re-branded.
Follow the link to the aximsite forum for screen shots.

According to some of the posters, the price seems to be going up.

Brad Adrian
08-31-2004, 02:45 AM
I was going to get on the waiting list, and then came across the ThinkOutside XT keyboard for only $39. For right now, it'll work on the Pocket PCs I need it to, so I jumped on that bargain. It is an EXCELLENT keyboard.

Zack Mahdavi
09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
I'm waiting for the price of them to drop to $79. I think if I can find a decent Dell coupon, then I'll buy this keyboard. I've always been a happy Think Outside customer.

intastella
09-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know if this keyboard (either the Dell version or Stowaway version) will work on a MS Smartphone?

I now have a Pocket PC and Smartphone and would like something for both.

Thanks