View Full Version : Playlist

ale2999
08-30-2004, 08:29 AM
hey guys, I have a question (duh)
I have many wma's in many different folders by artist. I use windows media player to play my music, and I am ok with the shufle function, but I am wondering if it is possible, for the shuffle to be organized.
At this point I bet that you are shaking your head. What I mean is that if there is some program or something that makes a playlist taking a random song from each artist folder, and when all the artists are over going back to the first folder and pick another random song beside the one that already played and so on.
i fully understand if you dont get what I am saying lol. thx for your help

Darius Wey
08-30-2004, 11:42 AM

Okay, let me see if I get what you're saying.

First of all, you use Windows Media Player. Okay, that wasn't hard to work out. :roll: Hehe.

But let's say you have three artists: Artist A, Artist B, and Artist C.
You have them in three separate folders.

You want to be able to set up a playlist in Windows Media Player, so that the first song played is a random one from A, the next one is a random one from B, the next one is a random one from C, and now that you have exhausted all of your artists, it goes back and picks another random song from A, and then onto B, and the "vicious" cycle continues? :?:

ale2999
08-30-2004, 07:17 PM

Okay, let me see if I get what you're saying.

First of all, you use Windows Media Player. Okay, that wasn't hard to work out. :roll: Hehe.

But let's say you have three artists: Artist A, Artist B, and Artist C.
You have them in three separate folders.

You want to be able to set up a playlist in Windows Media Player, so that the first song played is a random one from A, the next one is a random one from B, the next one is a random one from C, and now that you have exhausted all of your artists, it goes back and picks another random song from A, and then onto B, and the "vicious" cycle continues? :?:

Actually that is EXACTLY what i meant :lol:
that would kick butt. Cuz I have a 1 gig card and SO MUCH music, it is very hard for me to listen all this great music in a real random way.