View Full Version : UPS delivered my hx4700 .........cradle kit today

jimski
08-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Thought I would order a few accessories while waiting for my new 4700. To work at home and the office I will need two cradles and the one supplied stylus is just not enough for comfort.

My cradle kit arrived today. The kit comes with adapters for the; hx4700, hx2000, rx 3000 and rz 1700. You just snap on the adapter for the device you want to connect. You can easily pop adapters on and off if you need to change from one device to another. The USB connecting cable is 45" long and is permanently attached to the cradle.

When I place my order with HP earlier this week I was disappointed that both the standard and extended batteries were listed as backordered. After getting my 5450 back in December 2002, I had to wait until April 2003 before I could get my hands on a spare battery. Regardless of when this 4700 becomes available, it will not become my primary device until I have at least one spare battery. I wonder if maybe it's not LCD displays that HP is waiting for.

Being in the packaging business and assuming that the specs for this device and battery were determined long ago (at least the size and shape) it's hard for me to understand why it's so difficult to have these essential accessories available when new model is released. I don't know about HP's current suppliers, but we can design the packaging and produce finished goods in less that 6 weeks.

If the 4700 does arrive and batteries are still backordered I will probably just get a second device and return it after 29 days or hold on to it and sell it as almost new when I can finally buy a battery.

mara6
08-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Wow! You need a spare battery that much!? I would just use the 4700 the whole time and not get a temp PPC. :wink:

gregh2000
08-30-2004, 05:59 AM
we have the 4700 usb cradles and stylus in stock at compusa.

Wiggster
08-30-2004, 04:11 PM
we have the 4700 usb cradles and stylus in stock at compusa.

Why do I get the feeling that if you say you have an extra battery, I'll go to my CompUSA and buy a battery for a PDA that isn't available to buy and will cost more than my current desktop.

gregh2000
08-31-2004, 07:37 AM
no batteries yet, lol