View Full Version : Back to the PPC World: coupla' question

mirkazemisaman
08-29-2004, 04:27 AM
Hi Everyone

It's been a long time, a lot of new Pocket PCs have come out since I was last here (too long ago).

Anyhow, I have a Dell Axim X5 Advanced with PPC 2002 and I see that there have been a couple of new OS releases since then.

Where do I purchase the upgrades from (or download if they are free)? I couldn't find anything on Dell's website, or maybe I am just blind...

And also which is the best PPC to purchase nowadays for about $300-400 (since there are so many choices)? Thanks a lot for any insight, I just don't have the time right now to read reviews etc on different PPCs...

Sven Johannsen
08-29-2004, 04:44 AM
You are not blind, just late. When WM2003 came out Dell did offer an upgrade CD for about $30 to X5 owners with PPC2002 on their devices. Dell no longer offers that as all the X5s since that time have shipped with WM2003 on them. You may be able to find some source for an upgrade CD.

They are not offerring any upgrades to WM2003 Second Edition.

If you are happy with your Dell, their X30 line is very well featured and well priced.

mirkazemisaman
08-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Yes, I am obtaining a copy from "other sources"... it's very unfortunate they don't offer the upgrade any more.

Kowalski
09-08-2004, 11:26 PM
if you are happy with dell, you will be more happy with x30 after x5