View Full Version : Linksys Wireless Music System

VanHlebar
08-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Has anyone used this system?

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=631

I have been thinking about getting wireless speakers to be able to play music out in our backyard, but this I think would allow me to be able to access all of my music on my network. If you have used it can you tell me how well it has worked for you? This isn't going to allow me to take it out say by the swimming pool and then listen to the music thru it though will it? I think this just connects to my home stereo system and allows me to play the music thru it.

Hmm... well it wasn't that expensive. I saw it at my local Wal-mart for about $150 or so.

What do you think?

Thanks,
-Eric

Radimus
08-30-2004, 12:43 PM
basically you install a client software on the PC with your music files, setup the playlists, and the linky will wlan to your network and stream the music... The controls allow you change playlists etc...

So you can play at your pool, assuming you are within range of your wlan

gregh2000
08-31-2004, 07:31 AM
lol, i tried to get one of those to work. at my work at compusa, we tried to demo one, and man was that a pain. it would connect over the wire, but not wireless. we tried for days, called linksys, and they said it was our network. the creative one worked fine, but not that linksys one, we never did get it working, we all just gave up and said screw it.

VanHlebar
08-31-2004, 03:09 PM
lol, i tried to get one of those to work. at my work at compusa, we tried to demo one, and man was that a pain. it would connect over the wire, but not wireless. we tried for days, called linksys, and they said it was our network. the creative one worked fine, but not that linksys one, we never did get it working, we all just gave up and said screw it.

Creative has a similar option? Is the Creative one any good?

-Eric