View Full Version : XDA II or Ipaq 6315 ???

timmy - gadget man
08-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi, i would like to know if anyone can give me a good reason to buy an ipaq 6315 over the XDA II.

bmcbride_81
08-28-2004, 07:21 PM
I own both, and am currently selling the imate/xda II on ebay....There are pluses to both and minuses with both...but I personally prefer the ipaq over the imate...i enjoy the built in wifi..and also use the thumbboard alot.

If you have any specific questions let me know

--Brian

Darren Behan
08-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Personally, I'd wait for the XDA III coming in a month or two. Slide out keyboard, wireless, seemless roaming (and not from HP :evil: which has really made a bunch of missteps lately). XDA II is nice, have one myself but I'm not sure I'd got for it over the HP.

That said, it's really a matter of taste.

db

surur
08-28-2004, 07:38 PM
I have an xda 2.

The main advantages I understand the hp6315 has are:

1) better bluetooth stack, and therefore better phone. Having said that, any old SE or Nokia bluetooth phone is still better, as they have real voice-dialling (without touching the phone), which neither unit has.
2) much longer battery life
3) built-in wifi, with a "soft-roaming"

Disadvantages:
1) slower (very much slower)
2) less cool (just my feeling, but the xda 2 looks much better than the hp 6315)
3) smaller community of developers and therefore less community support.
4) you are buying a new recent unit, but it will never come with Second Edition.

Comparing the XDA 2 to the HP 6315 is not the best comparison. A better match would be the HP vs the XDA 3, which is comparing recent units with each other. Of course the XDA 3 has not been released yet, but it will be soon. And it will have wifi, same bluetooth stack as the hp, 400Mhz processor and a built-in keyboard.

Its not a compelling upgrade from the XDA 2, but if I was buying my first PPCphone I would wait for the XDA 3.

Surur

timmy - gadget man
08-30-2004, 02:53 AM
thanks for your opinion...guess i'll wait and see what XDA/MDA III has to offer...before is invest ...