View Full Version : sure its a repost, but please explain diff with calendar+, pocket breeze, etc

phritosan
08-28-2004, 02:49 AM
Im sorry, im having a total brain block here. ive been reading posts, but.. yeah

i want to change my pim on my 4155. ive been using outlook for a while now, and i need more. now i understand that pi and af are personal preference, so ill skip that, but i dont understand the "today screen" programs much.

are calendar+ and pocketbreeze mutally exclusive? do they do essentially the same thing? they integrate with pi and af? is there a reason to override the included interface of those pims?

do pi and af both sync with outlook? ie, can i still use outlook on my desktop for management?

thanks for your time, and sorry about all the simple questions.

phrito-san

bigkingfun
08-28-2004, 03:17 AM
I get the impression from some of the posts I've read that Calendar+ evolved into PocketBreeze, but I can't answer that 100% for sure.

I use PI and just installed PocketBreeze a couple of days ago. It interfaces very well with PI from what I've seen so far. It actually lets you choose the PIM you're using - Outlook, PI or AF - so I imagine it would work just as well with AF.

I like having my appointments and tasks available on the Today screen, but I still find myself using PI for anything more than just reviewing things. I've become a bit of a sucker for plugins and skins on my Today screen, so I think I just like the look as much as the functionality.

Both PI and AF use the Outlook database so they sync just fine with Outlook on the desktop. I don't know about AF but PI does have a couple of functions that Outlook itself doesn't support, but it doesn't affect the way things sync. The one in particular that I use is task priority (A1, B2, etc). PI adds the priority to the beginning of the task so you'll see this in Outlook on the desktop.

eg. If the task is "Pick up milk" and you set it as A1 priority, the task will show up on the desktop as "A1: Pick up milk". I find it makes it easy to sort in Outlook so I actually kind of like it. I just have to remember to add the priority when I create a task on the desktop if I want it to sync across to PI.

Darius Wey
08-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Calendar+ has not evolved into PocketBreeze. They are two different pieces of software from two different companies. Calendar+ can be found here (http://www.mohairsofa.com), and PocketBreeze can be found here (http://www.sbsh.net).

Both Calendar+ and PocketBreeze are today screen plugins that display your appointments, reminders, etc., while PocketBreeze takes it a step further allowing you to customise much more. However, PocketBreeze is not free, unlike Calendar+, and so you get what you pay for.

Both integrate fine with Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion. In fact, you can even have Calendar+ and PocketBreeze running simultaneously.

As these replacement PIM user interfaces still utilise the Outlook database, you can synchronise your information without any troubles.