View Full Version : Moto v600 can send/receive contacts with PPC

Kt3
08-27-2004, 04:41 PM
The first time I tried it, it didn't work. Then I played with both my iPaq 4150 and my new Motorola v600, and now I can send a contact from my phone to my pocket PC, or send a contact from my pocket PC to my phone! The calendar also lets you send and receive appointments.

It's great.

I'm not really sure what I did to get it working, but I do know that during the course of playing with all the options I turned off authorization on every bluetooth service on my pocket PC in an attempt to stop it from confirming that I want to send a picture from my phone. While that didn't work at all actually (still confirms the connection and then prompts you with a file save dialog) I believe I may have inadvertantly allowed contact/calendar management to work over bluetooth.

This is really great (for me) because before I bought this phone I had read and was fully aware of other people's failed attempts at doing this. So now I'm getting more out of it, which kicks ass.

Lets see some results

Peace,
KT

Kt3
08-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh I also forgot to mention, although I think it probably has nothing to do with it, that I use Pocket Informant 5.2. When I wanted to send contacts or calendar appointments to the phone, I would select either one or many and then from the extras menu choose send via bluetooth. On my phone, I just choose send and my pocket PC shows up in the device list. When I select it, it just does it, and I can see the contact or appointment immediately show up on my PPC.