View Full Version : CE Playlist bug (long)

terrypin
08-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I've emailed the program author, but I guess he's on vacation. So meanwhile I wonder if anyone else here has any observations please?

In preparation for a 4-day walking holiday, I had replaced most of the tracks on my 1 GB CF card with a fresh collection. (Mainly files I'd downloaded from the internet; I wanted to weed out the rubbish.)

The symptoms take two forms, apparently depending somehow on the particular files that are present. (I kept deleting and sometimes adding back, in an unsuccessful attempt to isolate the offending files.)

Symptom set 1:
CEP builds the library, including about 120 files on my SD card and at least some of the 420 or so files on the CF card. But then it unceremoniously just closes down!

Symptom set 2:
At some point while building the library, CEP stops and gives the
'Tap screen to stop at the next file' followed by a specific file
name. But tapping does nothing. CEP is frozen, and I have to do a soft reset.

If I remove the CF card before running CEP, then the library gets
built OK, with just the files on the SD card.

IMO this seems down to CEPlaylist, as I was able to work with the identical files using Windows Media Player, which thankfully allowed me to both play them all and make a variety of playlists.

The problem seems to be something to do with the filenames. So here is a text file showing all the names on my CF card:
http://www.terrypin.dial.pipex.com/Misc/CEPlaylistProblem.txt
Maybe someone can spot a likely culprit(s)? Or perhaps another CEP user would try a few of these names to see if that reproduces the problem.

I don't really want to ditch CEP, which overall I like a lot. But it's not usable in this unreliable state. So does anyone have any alternative recommendations please, just in case Jack can't fix it?

All advice will be much appreciated.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.