View Full Version : how to know which jornada i am using?

erictan8888
08-26-2004, 01:42 PM
hi,

i have been using a jornada for quite some time already....
just need to know how to check:

1. which jornada i am using? (i think it is a 56x series one)

2. which windows for pocket pc i am using?

3. the speed of my processor and other information about the pocket pc

4. which CF card is it using? what is the main difference between the type I and type II ?

5. can this jornada accept a CF wireless card adaptor and surf the internet ?

6. how do i configure the internet to accept wireless internet surfing?

thanks so much for helping
have a nice day
eric :)

dlangton
08-26-2004, 03:14 PM
First 3 questions, you can answer yourself. Go to Start|Settings|System|About. What does it say?

The CF slot accepts CF Type I. You can use CF Type II using an Atek adapter or the PCMCIA sleeve for the Jornada (if it's a 560 series). There would be no problems with using any CF Type I card in the CF slot.

rhmorrison
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Well...
How can you NOT KNOW what model you own? In any case simply take a look at the HP Jornada PC series (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dest_page=product&dlc=en&product=13261) webpage for the various models. They all look different, i.e. the 52x, 54x, and 56x are easily identifiable.
52x and 54x use PocketPC 2000, the 56x uses PocketPC 2002.
Take a look at the HP Jornada 500 Series PDA - 520, 540, and 560 Series Product Comparison (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=58920&lc=en&cc=us&dest_page=product&dlc=en&docname=bpia2439) table.
They ALL use CompactFlash Type I cards. Type II cards are thicker and will NOT FIT in a Type I slot!
YES, ASS-U-ME-ing that you have an appropriate WLAN Access Point (Gateway) that has internet access.
You can't configure the internet, it simply exists. You can configure your WLAN access point, PC, or other devices that you own. The easiest way is if you have a DSL connection with a WLAN router / firewall. You simply plug the WLAN gateway into the DLS modem, plug your PC into the WLAN gateway (usually 3 or 4 ethernet ports are provided) and access the gateway via your WLAN CF card. Make sure that you activate ALL SECURITY methods available with your WLAN access point. 128 bit WEP, MAC address, and etcetera.

That's all Folks!