View Full Version : HP 415X ROM Update and other issues

buss
08-26-2004, 04:11 AM
First off, thanks to everyone for sharing the information and ideas. I have migrated from my Palm (after 7 years) to a HP4155 and this website has really helped me become comfortable with the PPC.

Now to my question, I recently upgraded the firmware to 1.10.03. Will admit that Palm makes firmware upgrades much easier in that one does not have to re-install all thier software, but I set aside the time and was able to get back up and running within a few hours. Problem now is that my PPC seems very sluggish and un-responsive. Sometimes when I try to close WorldMate, it locks up for about 2-3 minutes before responding. Is this a quirk with the new firmware?

I have a 256M card on the unit and wonder if installed software to the card is the reason. In my mind, keeping as much internal memory as possible freed up for running programs would be more efficent, but again I am a newbie with the PPC.

Is there a good resouce that would explain how to optimize the HP4155?

Thanks in advance to all for the assistence.

Zoot
08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
I have 1.10 on my 4150 and it seems fine - but I installed everything in RAM. Some Today plugins don't like being off RAM.

WorldMate on my machine functions well unless I am updating over wireless and the connection is waivering.....it has no Today plugin with it but might also have issues not being in RAM.

Do you have a program to close applications when clicking X?
If you go into Start - Settings - System - Memory - Running Programs, do you have a lot of programs listed there?

Do you have a Today plugin with memory information? Is this app in RAM?