View Full Version : Poll: How many early 6315 buyers are having problems?

mesposito2
08-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Since quite a few peope bought-out Comp USA's first shipment of 6315's, and since I'm seeing a number of posts here from people having problems, it would be nice to know if these problems represent a large percentage, or are just seen here because this is a good place to look for answers to problems.

Mark

treacle
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
At first I had problems using GPRS service, then I activated T-zones, now everything is fine.

Snarf
08-26-2004, 09:26 PM
working perfectly for me, except a minor problem of using in combination: GPRS, PIE and SSL.

posiedon7
08-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Same old issues witht the Outlook (hanging), besides that nothing to major to post...

willkess71
08-26-2004, 11:56 PM
I installed a number of programs that I had on my iPAQ 4155 and ran into many lockups. I forced myself to hard reset the 6315 and get it running one program at a time. I have narrowed down the trouble makers to SPB GPRS Monitor :( or Caligrapher :( or Meeting Mute. I have it running very well at this point and I am afraid to upset the balance. I will let you know what I find as I get the courage to load them.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

drdchow
08-27-2004, 04:44 AM
I'm having problems with my unit not waking up on phone calls 9 out of 10 calls with no third party or additional software installed on it besides the base software.

The ipaq is in sleep with green led flashing, unit does not ring or wakeup.

My unit is from COMPUSA, I am going tomorrow for an exchange.

mesposito2
08-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm having problems with my unit not waking up on phone calls 9 out of 10 calls with no third party or additional software installed on it besides the base software.

The ipaq is in sleep with green led flashing, unit does not ring or wakeup.

My unit is from COMPUSA, I am going tomorrow for an exchange.

I assume you have a good signal? I ran a test this morning, calling the 6315 from my other cell phone, and it rang every time over a 40 minute ride through Dallas.

mesposito2
08-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Since quite a few peope bought-out Comp USA's first shipment of 6315's, and since I'm seeing a number of posts here from people having problems, it would be nice to know if these problems represent a large percentage, or are just seen here because this is a good place to look for answers to problems.

Mark

I finally voted on my own poll, since I bought the 6315 last night. I feared the worst, but it seems great so far. I have successfully....

1. Connected to my Wifi Access Point (Linksys) with absolutely no configuration. All I did was click on the SSID name, and enter my WEP key.

2. I ran a test this morning on the way to work and called myself from my other cell phone every 5 minutes for 40 minutes. Each time the phone rang, at 75mph, and in locations with 1 bar reception.

3. I connected to the Internet via GPRS mode. This is a bit slow sometimes, and you can lose the connection. However, it worked most of the time. Where I can see using this is for sites that are maximized for PDA's, and there are plenty of them. Maps, Weather, Stock quotes, etc. I tried some streaming video, and it does a lot of buffering.

4. I purchased a Jabra 250 BlueTooth headset last night, but didn't get it hooked up until lunchtime today. This part didn't happen automatically like I was led to believe. I put the headset into Pairing mode, and turned on BT on the 6315. There is no auto-recognizing here like with Wifi. I ended up going into the BT Manager. Not sure why, but going into the connection wizard and choosing "Hands-free/Headset Setup" didn't find anything. The solution was selecting Tools/Paired devices/Add - and adding the device. It did find it that way, and I was up and running with the BT headset in no time.

Working on Email now.

So far I'm only running PocketInformant, so I don't have all of my software loaded yet. I have to say though that the machine definately doesn't feel slow to me. I'm used to the HP 2215. So far it feels comfortable to me. Maybe I'm cutting it slack because of all of the other stuff it's doing, but I don't think so. The speed feels ok to me.

As everyone says, Battery life is awesome. BTW, the cradle has a spot for a second battery.

The only thing that bugs me so far is the yellow tint of the screen. I'll just have to live with it.

norad
08-28-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm having a problem with call waiting. Whenever I try to answer the second call, my ipaq freezes. And it's my second ipaq 6315 and it's doing the same thing.

anyone else having this problem?

Jon Westfall
08-28-2004, 02:58 AM
I installed a number of programs that I had on my iPAQ 4155 and ran into many lockups. I forced myself to hard reset the 6315 and get it running one program at a time. I have narrowed down the trouble makers to SPB GPRS Monitor :( or Caligrapher :( or Meeting Mute. I have it running very well at this point and I am afraid to upset the balance. I will let you know what I find as I get the courage to load them.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

Mine's locking up as well - and I'm running Calligrapher & Meeting Mute. However, it was doing this BEFORE I installed Calligrapher, so I believe its meeting mute's fault. I'm going to try uninstalling it and see if I still run into problems.

MountDan
09-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I've been quite pleased with my 6315. I've been waiting for a IPAQ Pocket PC Phone for a while and I am not disapointed at all. I have loaded a number of programs (PocketInformant, Voice Command, RPN Calculator, SPB Pocket Plus, SPB Time and Pocket Winc from Cirond.com, MTUX Distincive Ring and (yes, I admit it) Mini Dogfight). Everthing has been runing quite well. I so far have no patterns indicating significant problems. If this trend continues, I will be putting on my recommended list for our company.

wrxm33
09-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi, does anyone experience the ipaq 6315 has a problem with outlook? I set the outlook to download the most recent emails (3 days). It will download all the emails in my mailbox and delete all emails older than 3 days. I think this is a similar bug with the t-mobile PPC phone edition, why does this 6315 has the same problem?

Aftab
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I'm having a problem with call waiting. Whenever I try to answer the second call, my ipaq freezes. And it's my second ipaq 6315 and it's doing the same thing.

Hi

even i have this issue some times, while ansering the second call , conferencing two calls, or the signal is week it freezes..

any solution

mesposito2
09-21-2004, 01:55 PM

Hi

even i have this issue some times, while ansering the second call , conferencing two calls, or the signal is week it freezes..

any solution

Have you tried one of the alternate ways of answering the call, just to try to narrow down the problem?

When I get a second call I press the Green Phone button to pick it up, and it doesn't hang. I'm not sure if I've ever tried clicking on the Answer button on the screen.

Mark

juan_chiriboga
09-21-2004, 04:32 PM
I am enjoying the H6315.
my Pros:

-Bluetooth/Wifi/GPRS/QuadBand GSM (now i can finally use the device in South America)
-Finally can stop using two devices - PDA and Phone
-Better Battery Life - However slower processor

Cons:
-Incoming Calls using Bluetooth Headset (caller cannot hear me)
-Email Triggers don't work as expected
-Slower Processor
-Built-In Camera - In my opinion, this is more of a business traveller/Corporate User device. who needs the camera.
-Bluetooth Headset Pairing has minor bugs. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So far no issues with third party software!

posiedon7
09-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Besides a BT Headset issue this unit works for me in every aspect. Camera is lacking but will do in a pinch.

I will worj thru the bugs and isssues until I find one that cant be fixed... :devilboy:

crash
09-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I set the outlook to download the most recent emails (3 days). It will download all the emails in my mailbox and delete all emails older than 3 days. I think this is a similar bug with the t-mobile PPC phone edition, why does this 6315 has the same problem?

i think that is by design and not a bug. i think it's meant to save memory and that's why you can set how many days worth of mail you can access. they probably figure since it's a portable device you'll want to control the limit of dated material tsking up storage.