View Full Version : Activesync questions

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 07:15 PM
How can I have it so Activesync only syncs when I want it to? I have it set to sync manually, but whenever I put it in the cradle, it still starts syncing and doesn't shut off...I want to have it so it only syncs when either I hit the sync button on my desktop or I do it wirelessly.

Dave Conger
08-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Having it set on manual should cause ActiveSync to work like you say. You may want to try deleting and recreating the connection. Upon creating it, switch to manual.

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 10:44 PM
also, another problem i am having is that it never syncs everything the first time....i always have to do it twice...is that normal?

ToddJ
08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
should i delete the connection on the Pocket PC or the computer?

JustinGTP
08-24-2004, 11:48 PM
From the computer. Make sure your Pocket PC is not connected, and then from the ActiveSync menu on the PC, hit delete partnership.

-Justin.

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 12:35 AM
I tried that and started over....it still syncs it automaticaly when I put it on the cradle. Is there something else I have to change on the PPC that i didn't already?

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 12:45 AM
ok...i think I got it to work...however, is there a way to stop that annoying sound when it is put into the cradle (the sound XP makes when you hook up something via usb.) I just want to stop the sound for this particular device...not every device that is hooked up via usb.

rocky_raher
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
also, another problem i am having is that it never syncs everything the first time....i always have to do it twice...is that normal?

I used to have that problem. ActiveSync would always sync twice! Here's how I fixed it:

On the PC, on the "Microsoft ActiveSync" window, right-click on "Avantgo," and click on "Settings." In the "AvantGo Connect" window, under "Server settings for the currently selected device," I had two sets of AvantGo settings, with identical properties. I deleted one, and cut my sync time in half.

This is a little less drastic than deleting and recreating the entire partnership.

Check the settings every once in a while. I've found that the second set of settings would reappear occasionally.

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
it would display more than one? mine only has one displayed....since we are on the subject of Avantgo....is there an easy way to have it sync Avantgo stuff only once a day?

Jeff Rutledge
08-25-2004, 05:09 PM
ok...i think I got it to work...however, is there a way to stop that annoying sound when it is put into the cradle (the sound XP makes when you hook up something via usb.) I just want to stop the sound for this particular device...not every device that is hooked up via usb.

That's a Windows system sound that triggers when any USB device is attached. I don't think you'll be able to turn it off just for your PPC.

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 05:20 PM
has anyone out there been able to do it? what about turning the sound off for that particular usb port?

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 05:53 PM
now i have a new problem...when I try to sync....it starts syncing for a little while (the PC says 'looking for changes') and then my ppc says "Program Memory Low - Select a task to close or increase program memory." It sometimes would say this before, but only if I had more than one program open. Now I only have Activesync open. I put it on the maximum setting for program memory too. It seems like maybe something is wrong with the Activesync on my computer that it keeps saying 'looking for changes' without it actually syncing something....what do you think?

ToddJ
08-25-2004, 06:09 PM
plus, it goes really slow in general at the moment....