View Full Version : Motorola MPX 220 or 300

urologyhealth
08-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Any info on these phones? Do you use a Stylus with both? Can you use SD-wi-fi Card with MPX220?

seaflipper
08-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Any info on these phones? Do you use a Stylus with both? Can you use SD-wi-fi Card with MPX220?

MPx220 is "Windows Mobile Smartphone" and the MPx300 (a.k.a. "MPX") is Pocket PC Phone Edition SE.

The MPX300/MPX does use a stylus, the MPx220 does not.

However, the MPX220 does have bluetooth so using a BT keyboard may be an option if they make drivers for the Smartphone OS.

Basically, the MPX220 is a compact version of PocketPC. Not as full featured, but depending upon what you need PocketPC for, the MPx220 might be a good device.

Personally, I will be buying the HP iPaq hx4705 and using the MPx220 to tether with, I don't want an all in one device until at least 2nd or 3rd Gen on the MPX, although the MPX is very appealing!

kaitanium
08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
perhaps this review may help you
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442099

there are alot more reviews out there than just this one, but this one has some nice pictures

Chris Spera
08-25-2004, 04:23 AM
Long story short:

The 220 is more phone than PDA, and it runs the SmartPhone OS. It does NOT use a stylus and won't run most of the software that you've come to know and love in PPC land.

The MPx is more PDA than phone and runs PPC Phone Edition OS. Its just like any other PPC; but is also a phone, like the Samsung l700, the O2 XDA/XDA2 MDA/MDA2 i-Mate Phone Edition, etc. This type of device DOES employ a touch screen.

You have to figure out if you want more phone than PDA or more PDA than phone and then pick the device you want. Which will you use more? (a PDA or a phone) That's the question you have to answer; and then get the device that satisfies that need most... IF you want to go with a converged device that is...