View Full Version : Video off.

Thaedson
08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
I have an IPAQ 5555.

I cannot figure why my video seems to extend a little too far to the right side of the screen. It does not leave the left side blank, btw, its normal in appearance. It just looks as if the screen "thinks" everything is another eigth of an inch wider.

I tried "re-calibrating" the touchscreen but it still puts words/programs just a tad off to the right of the screen, making it impossible to scroll down sometimes using the side bar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Still under warranty? Sounds like a display hardware issue. I can't imagine it being software, but I guarantee if you call HP support, one thing you are eventually going to be asked to do is hard reset it. I'd get that over with, just in case. You can always backup, hard reset and see if it fixes it. Just restore if it doesn't.

Thaedson
08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
The "hard reset" is one of the things that leads me to believe this is a software problem.

I lost everything one day when my daughter was playing with the ipaq . Restarted it and it visually it worked fine. Video was good to go. Then I reloaded my last sprite backup and wham.. shifted ever so slightly to the right again.

These are the programs I have loaded in:

Acrobat Reader
Audible
BetaPlayer
Bluetooth Manager
Calculator
Calendar
ClearVue Document/Presentation/Worksheet
Contacts
Explorer
FreeWallet
HP Mobile Printing
Mail
IPAQ Keyboard
IPAQ Image Viewer
Wireless
iTask
ListPro
Micro$oft Reader
MSN Messenger
Notes
Omega One Journal/Battery
Pictures
Excell
Pocket MSN
Pocket word
Pocket TV
PocketWinc
Print Manager
StartST V2
Space Detective
Sprint DB Pro
Sprite Backup
Windows Media

Thanks again for any suggestions. Unit is out of warranty so this will all be on my dime.

Sven Johannsen
08-24-2004, 07:41 PM
The "hard reset" is one of the things that leads me to believe this is a software problem.

I lost everything one day when my daughter was playing with the ipaq . Restarted it and it visually it worked fine.

Now, you didn't mention that in the first post. I know you don't want to hear this but I'd hard reset and load one at a time. I might try unloading a few of the more video-centric apps first, for grins.

BetaPlayer
Pocket TV
Windows Media

Steven Cedrone
08-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Hard Reset, then start loading apps one at a time until you find the culprit. That's about the only thing I can think of doing...

Steve

The PocketTV Team
08-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Pocket TV

PocketTV does not mess with the video hardware, so I doubt very much it would be the source of your problem.

JustinGTP
08-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Pocket TV

PocketTV does not mess with the video hardware, so I doubt very much it would be the source of your problem.

Of course you would say that ;)

The combination of two programs could result in his problem. Maybe your program in conjunction with another.

The PocketTV Team
08-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Of course you would say that ;)

The combination of two programs could result in his problem. Maybe your program in conjunction with another.
Maybe, but I'd be very surprised.

On this device, we just use the GAPI API (direct access to frame buffer, a standard API provided by MSFT). So if using GAPI causes the problem (not impossible), then most games and video applications would trigger the problem. If that's the case, then it's a problem with a driver from HP. We're interested to know what you find.