View Full Version : temporary case for 6315?

treacle
08-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know a decent case that will fit the 6315 while I wait for vaja or sena to create a good flip case? The case that comes with the 6315 is just too bulky. I prefer leather but whatever works will be fine for a while. Thanks

Sparkomatic
08-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I must agree with you on the case. It's way too big. What's interesting is that if you look at casesonline, they show a tighter fitting case then the one supplied.

I'm using a Palm Tungsten wireless leather slip case that has a belt clip on it. I like it better than the one that came with my 6315 but it has that Palm logo on it. :oops:

ts937km
08-24-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm still looking also. I contacted vaja and they said they are going to make one but didn't give a timeline. I just want a veritcal case instead of horizontal that actually fits the unit and doesn't let the memory card fall out the bottom (nice design!)

mesposito2
08-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Does anyone know a decent case that will fit the 6315 while I wait for vaja or sena to create a good flip case? The case that comes with the 6315 is just too bulky. I prefer leather but whatever works will be fine for a while. Thanks

Yes, I tried the 6315 in my HP 2215 leather belt case, and it fit perfectly. The case is the HP leather case that is sold as an optional case for the 2215.

The slots in the case to make room for the earpiece is in just the right place for the antenna. I didn't check if it had room for a wired earpiece, but I'm going to use a BT headset anyway. I bought this case at Best Buy.

Mark

treacle
08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
I was able to find a case logic nylon/cordura slip case at compusa for $4.88 it fit the 6315 perfectly, that should hold me for awhile until a nice leather flip case is available.

fmcpherson
08-28-2004, 03:19 AM
I am using the case that came with my H2215.

madsmurf
08-28-2004, 03:40 PM
This Krusell Universal case should work just fine. It's a nice slide in pouch. Also uses their switchable clip system thing. I always just use the little one that comes with it. You can run against a tree, loose your glasses, a ballcap, and a few teeth although your PDA will still be on your side :) Seriously, they are very strong. Till there is a case made for it, I would highly recommend this case. Anyone giving it a try as well, please post some comments.

https://www.moonlight-tech.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=778

Regards,
mS

mesposito2
08-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I am using the case that came with my H2215.

Yesterday I realized that the 2215 case is a problem. If the machine wakes up for any reason (email triggers, etc.), the 2215 case is so tight that it can cause screen taps, which isn't good. I took the phone out of the case and found it dialing someone's phone.

Needless to say, I've gone back to the 6315 case since it's bigger.

mashtim
08-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I have been carrying my 6315 in an old Nutshell slipcase that I had originally bought for my 3640.

The case is a slip case that you can put on your belt (slide-thru, not clipped) in vertical, horizontal or angled.

The case is tight enough to not add much bulk, but loose enough not to cause any inadvertent screen taps. It also nicely protects the screen from any exterior bumping.

If I recall correctly, the case was also under $20.

Like everything else about PPCs, your individual taste matters, but this is a good, versatile case that will most likely be re-used for different PPCs as the years go by.